Making a cake from scratch in five minutes (or less) might sound like a fantasy. All it takes is a microwave and a bowl, and after a couple minutes, you’ll have yourself a light and puffy, moist cake and almost zero clean up. You whisk the ingredients in the same Bowl that you will consume and it is ready in just 3 minutes in the microwave. You likely have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
When you get that late night craving or want a small batch dessert, this chocolate cake is for you! Trust me and make this cake! It will make your day.
This chocolate cake recipe can be made for one or two (if you like to share). It is one of the easiest dessert recipes you’ll ever make! If you are looking for a real cake like dessert for one (or two) this is it!
It’s even more delicious with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Chocolate powder
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- In a microwave-safe bowl*, whisk an egg.
- Add the milk, and oil and whisk.
- Add sugar and chocolate powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour and whisk until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Add the baking powder and stir gently until incorporated. The batter is softer than a regular batter but that's the way it is. Do not increase the flour or you'll have a tough cake!
- Add anything** you'd like (I usually don't add anything) in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter. It does that on its own when it cooks.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the bowl on top (this is to catch any batter if your cake overflows).
- Centre your bowl in the middle of the microwave and cook on High for 3 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.
- Carefully remove from microwave using Oven Mitt and enjoy!
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!