Sweet potato fries made in the air-fryer, with just a small amount of oil! An easy sweet potato recipe you’re going to love!
Sweet Potatoes cooked to perfection in the Air Fryer is a side dish that takes very little effort to make yet yields amazing results!
Simple and addictive air-fried sweet potato fries. I bet you can’t eat just one.
They are healthy fried sweet potato that is low in fat and perfect for guilt-free meals. I think air frying sweet potato fries is a perfect alternative to add to a healthier lifestyle.
And by the way, these are orange sweet potatoes and not squash! Please consult Google if you don’t know them and don’t believe me about this!
- 2 Sweet potato
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika - optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder - optional
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper - fresh ground optional
- Peel and slice each potato into even 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick fries.
- In a large bowl with boiling water, soak sweet potato slices. Drain sweet potatoes; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potato, oil, paprika, salt, garlic powder and pepper (and/or any spices you may like*). Mix until all fries are evenly coated.
- Place mixture into the air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. 1-2 sweet potatoes may fit perfect (mine is good for up to 1 kg (2 Lb) but if yours is smaller, do them in batches. To make sure they are all hot at the same time, you can add the batches that are cooked back in the air fryer and heat them up 1 minute so everything is hot.
- If yours have a temperature setting (mine doesn’t), set your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Check and stir (this is a must if yours doesn’t have this function, the heat on the bottom is stronger than the top so turning is a must) after 10 minutes and then every 5 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Don’t be afraid to open the air fryer to check to see if they are done. **
- Using a pair of tongs, carefully remove sweet potatoes from air fryer to plate. Serve immediately or let cool and store in an airtight plastic container.
- It's delicious with this <a href="http://fast2eat.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=15494&action=edit" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Perfect Air Fryer Juicy Steak Fast2eat</a>
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!