Fast, easy, delicious and pretty, this upside down cake is freaking fantastic. Dense, cinnamony hunks of apple, crunchy from the outside and ridiculously moist inside.
It’s perfect for any time of day, everything from the brunch, to an afternoon snack to a warm and comforting dessert, I also like to make it to bring to a party or get together.
Enjoy this cake cold from the fridge, at room temperature or warm, with or without ice cream and/or lightly sweetened whipped cream (Chantilly).
- 2 Apple
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Egg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Walnut - or pecans, chopped (optional – I didn’t use them in this one)
- 2 tbsp Confectioners' sugar - (optional)
- Peel, core and chop apples into 1-inch chunks and add lemon juice asap to avoid getting dark. Toss the chopped apples with brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Whisk together all batter ingredients in a Mixing Bowl until just combined.
- Then mix the Baking Powder.
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Spray a nonstick Tube Cake Pan with Cooking Spray thoroughly.
- Pour the mix of chopped apples into the prepared Tube Cake pan and them the batter.
- Bake for about 30-45 min or until the cake is lightly golden and a toothpick or Cake Tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before running a knife between cake and pan, and unmolding onto a platter. Unmolding hot can crumble everything.
- Optional: To decorate Drizzle all over your cake. Using a fine sieve, dust with Confectioners' sugar. Or Mix confectioners sugar with enough boiling water to make a runny glaze.
- Cake can be served warm, cold or room temperature, with or without lightly sweetened whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!