This Brazilian classic pie is often a lifesaver on busy days and within 10 minutes you can have it in the oven!
This recipe was adapted from the one my friend Fabiola Bedin has sent to me. The batter for this pie is made in the blender and all you need to do is pour it over the pie filling and pop it in the oven. It is really that simple!
You can eat it for lunch, dinner, or snack.
I also like it because you can pretty much use whatever you want as a filling. For this one I used cheese, sausage, sweet corn, pea, parsley, green onions and olives. It’s also delicious with this Shredded Chicken with Béchamel (white) Sauce Fast2eat
- 3 Egg
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese - (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Black pepper - (optional)
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Mix in a Blender the Eggs, Oil, Milk, Grated Parmesan Cheese, salt and Black pepper until smooth.
- Then add All purpose Flour blend until well combined. Stop the blender and clean its sides with a Silicone Spatula a couple of times during the process if need.
- Add the Baking Powder and slowly mix it.
- Note that it is a thick batter, so if you prefer not to use a blender you can simply mix all ingredients in a Mixing Bowl with a Whisk.
- With a Cooking Spray grease and flour a Oven Pan to prevent sticking.
- Toss a little more than half of the Batter in the pan. Make sure the batter covers the bottom.
- Fill with your favourite filling options. Make sure that all ingredients are cooked and seasoned and that there is non to very little water or liquid.
- Then Pour the remaining batter on top of the filling spreading gently with an offset spatula to enclose all the filling.
- Add Grated Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Bake in the medium preheated oven (190º C/375º F) for about 30-45 min or until golden brown on top.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!