Bolognese Sauce, also known in Italian as ragù alla bolognese.
The Classic Italian Bolognese meat sauce is made with ground beef, pork, and Italian sausage, I just use ground beef as my daughter doesn’t like pork and Italian sausage. But you can add them if you and your family like.
Use it with any pasta, from spaghetti to lasagna, whole wheat, white or gluten-free, or try this Bolognese Sauce with a low-carb, healthier alternative to pasta using Spaghetti squash! It’s still amazingly delicious with half the calories! Spaghetti squash is a favorite ingredient for those seeking a lower-carb, paleo-friendly, clean eating, gluten-free alternative to pasta.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion - large diced
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic - or 3 minced cloves
- 1 Kg Ground beef
- 2 tsp Beef stock mix - powder
- 3.5 cup Tomato sauce
- Paprika - optional to taste
- Green onions - optional to taste
- Thyme - dried - optional to taste
- Oregano - dried - optional to taste
- Parsley - dried - optional to taste
- Basil - dried - optional to taste
- Salt - optional to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the ground meat and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until meat crumbles and no longer pink and most of the juice has evaporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until meat is browned. Use the seasonings you like the most, the important thing is to always taste and understand what was the difference that each seasoning made in the flavor.
- Taste and add salt if desired. The ground beef has lots of water while you cook it, and you should consider that this water will dry and the avor of the seasoning will become more pronounced. So wait to taste until all the water has evaporated.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!