Bacalhau with potatoes and broccoli with Almeida’s Onion & Garlic Sauce. It is so Fast to make that you can have a dinner ready in less than 30 minutes with no waste time.
This is a salad version of the Almeida’s Salted Codfish (Bacalhau) Fast2eat Recipe
Bacalhau, is a Portuguese dried, salted codfish widely used in Portuguese cuisine, also known as dry, salt-cured cod or salt-fish in other parts of the world. Before refrigeration, codfish was dried and preserved in salt to keep in the cellar.
For a perfect pairing it's important to serve with the delicious Almeida’s Onion & Garlic Sauce.
- 1 Salted codfish - boneless skinless
- 5 Potato - peeled, washed, and sliced in squares
- 500 g Broccoli - florets
- 2/3 cup Olives - (100-120g / 3.5-4 oz)
- 1 cup Peas - (150g/55.5oz)
- 2 Egg - boiled
- 3 Onion - sliced
- Bacalhau (Salted Codfish) needs to be soaked overnight (or for at least 10 hours) in several changes (at least once) of fresh water to get rid of some of its salt. It’s a step that can’t be skipped or the fish will be way too salty.
- Drain the bacalhau, rinse with fresh water. Cut into small pieces.
- Peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1 inch squares. This Peeler is a time saver.
- To save time boil the water using an Electric Kettle.
- Place the potatoes and bacalhau in a large straight-sided pot with clean boiled water. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for more 4-5 minutes.
- While bacalhau is cooking scald the sliced onion twice. Just throw boiled water on it, leave 5 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water, drain and repeat the process.
- Use this Egg Slicer Tool to slice the boiled eggs.
- Drain the bacalhau, potatoes and broccoli florets and place them in a large bowl. Mix the scalded onion, peas, parsley and olives and cover with sliced boiled eggs.
- Serve with the delicious Almeida’s Sauce.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!