Crispy fish without the grease – Haddock (or other white fish) is lightly breaded and baked. Parmesan adds a nice flavour.
Fast and easy to prepare, and no frying needed! Oven-baked fish is a perfect alternative to the more caloric fried version.
So much flavor… so easy, healthy and tasty! Ideal for busy weeknights.
It’s a “cheesy” variation from this “lemony” Oven-Baked Lemon Fish Fillets Fast2eat.
- 10 Fish fillet - (Haddock or Fresh Cod, Tilapia, Bass or any other white fish fillets)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic - (optional)
- 1 tbsp Hondashi - * (Bonito Soup Stock)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Thyme - (optional - fresh or dried)
- 1/4 tsp Parsley - (optional - chopped fresh or dried)
- 1/4 tsp Cilantro - also known as coriander - (optional - fresh leaves chopped or dried)
- 1/4 tsp Paprika - (optional)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Cooking spray - (optional)
- 1 Lemon - (optional - sliced)
- Rosemary - (optional - Sprigs)
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C). I prefer to use the Countertop Oven than the big stove one. It’s time and energy saver.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with milk, and salt.
- In a separate container, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and herbs (but the rosemary Sprig).
- Dip the fish fillets in the milk mix, then press into the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place fish fillets in the baking pan, and drizzle with olive oil or spray the fillets with cooking spray so that they would crisp nicely.
- To add some flavour arrange lemon slices and rosemary Sprigs on top. They make this fish dish look so impressive!
- Bake (uncovered) on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15-40 minutes (depending on thickness).
- When it’s done baking, if you like, sprinkle some more fresh herbs all over the fish to make it even more yummy and mouthwatering!
- Serve the baked fish with a side salad, white or Broccoli rice, mashed or baked potatoes, sauteed or spinach soufflé, asparagus, or some fresh vegetables for a healthy meal any time.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!