This Egg Salad Sandwich is perfect for a picnic, breakfast, an afternoon tea or any lunchbox.
It is a great way to ensure that your children are having a wholesome meal. This sandwich recipe is super-tasty and filled with nutrition as well as eggs are known to be a rich source of protein, vitamins and minerals, and unlike other sources of protein eggs are comparatively inexpensive. There is no denying the fact that eggs should be eaten by people of all ages, thus making this sandwich recipe fit for everyone.
Pair these sandwiches with some tea, coffee or just a glass of cold juice.
Just follow these simple steps and prepare these sandwiches at home using one of the Fast2eat Breads recipes, and enjoy!
- 4 Egg - hard-cooked, cooled, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Oregano - optional to taste
- Salt - optional to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- 8 slices Bread - white, whole wheat, brown or multigrain
- Put the eggs in a medium saucepan and pour water till it covers the eggs. Bring it to boil over high heat and once boiling, reduce the heat and cook for 12 minutes on medium heat (12 minutes for large eggs 9 minutes for small/medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra-large).
- When the timer is up remove the eggs and transfer them directly into the ice water bath to stop cooking. Stick the bowl into the fridge and let it sit for at least a half hour.
- Let cool completely and peel the egg shells.
- Transfer the peeled eggs in a bowl and mash with a fork. Try to mash egg whites into small, same-size pieces.
- Add mayonnaise and Dijon mustard and mix until well combined. Season as desired (I just add oregano); stir gently to combine.
- Evenly distribute the egg salad on one side of each bread slice. Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Cut the sandwich in half and it’s ready to serve.
- Serve pure or with greens and or sliced tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!