This yummy fish filet covered with white sauce is an easy and simple recipe as well as very flavourful.
The sauce is especially delicious because the juices of the fish mingles in with it. It’s like a sauce made with the best stock ever!
- 12 Fish fillet - (flatfish such as Sole Filet, Flounder, plaice, halibut, or whitefish)
- 1 Onion - (small) chopped
- 3 Bay leaf
- 50 ml White wine
- 200 ml Water
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste (or Paprika)
- 2 tbsp Butter - or Margarine
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Cream - (whipping cream/thick cream/heavy cream/evaporated milk)
- Chop onions with this Electric Chopper.
- Mix bay leaf, wine, onion, water and salt with paprika (or pepper) in a Casserole Dish, add the rolled files, Cover and Microwave for 3 minutes at high power.
- Arrange the fish in another casserole dish, throw away the bay and reserve the liquid (broth).
- Melt the butter and add the flour, keeping the heat low. Saute for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the reserved broth (from the preparation) very gradually, stirring vigorously with a Whisk, and let it come to a boil, stirring often to avoid scorching. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes, continuing to stir. Taste the salt and pepper. I like to add Paprika.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cream (whipping cream/thick cream/heavy cream/evaporated milk).
- Pour the white sauce over the reserved fish on a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Grated Parmesan Cheese and bake in a Conventional Oven until golden brown.
- Serve with asparagus, Mashed potatoes, green salad, rice...
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!