Great one dish meal. Broccoli and Cream Cheese pairs nicely with ground beef.
My kids are super picky and they don’t like vegetables, this was the way of getting them to eat broccoli.
I’ve been making this recipe for more than 15 years and this is one of our family favourites and we never have leftovers.
- 800 g Ground beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion - (small diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 slices Sliced Bread - (soaked in milk)
- 1/2 tbsp Bread crumbs
- Salt - to taste
- Broccoli - cooked in salted water - if using the frozen one no need to boil
- Garlic - minced (optional)
- 1 Brick Cream cheese
- Olive oil - (optional)
- Chop the onion using an Electric Chopper or the Food Processor to just add the other ingredients and mix afterwards.
- Soak bread in milk in a Bowl. Slices of bread soaked in milk are used to help bind the meat together. Blending in dry bread will take away some of the moisture from the meat.
- Gently squeeze out any excess milk from bread.
- Then add all other ingredients and mix until well combined. I use the Food Processor to make it easier.
- Cut Broccoli in florets or chopped. If desired, you can add Minced Garlic.
- On a piece of heavy duty Aluminum Foil, pat beef mixture into a 14 in. x 10-in. (35 cm x 25 cm) rectangle.
- Cover with broccoli and cream cheese pieces, to within 1/2 in. (1-2 cm) of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, peeling foil away while rolling.
- Seal seam and ends.
- Place in a Casserole Dish.
- If desired, you can Brush some olive oil over the meat roll before baking to create a tangy glaze.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F (200°C) for about 30 minutes or until meat is golden brown. I prefer to use the Countertop Oven than the big stove one. It’s time and energy saver.
- After removing the meat roll from the oven, let it rest for five minutes before cutting into it. It's best to let the meat roll rest before cutting into it. This gives the juices time to redistribute and settle. Slice into it too soon and the juices will seep out, leaving you with a drier meat roll.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!