There is nothing better than homemade pizza. I love it, and I love how easy and versatile it is, especially using a Bread Maker to prepare the dough.
Pizza is from Italy, but it has become famous and popular in many areas of the world. Besides being famous, this is a dish that almost everyone likes.
For inspirations, take a look at these Pizza Toppings Fast2eat Suggestions.
- 1 1/2 cups Water - 40-45º C/104-113ºF
- 4 tsp Olive oil
- 4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon Instant dry yeast
- Pour the warm water into the pan of the bread machine, add olive oil, and add the flour on top of the water. Sprinkle with salt, and top with the yeast.
- Select the “Dough” setting. Press “Start/Stop”.
- When the machine signals (after 1 hour and 30 minutes), the dough is finished. Press “Start/Stop”.
- Transfer to a well-floured work surface. I use Parchment Paper.
- At this point, you may form the pizzas, or refrigerate the dough for several hours, well wrapped in plastic so it won't dry out.
- Makes enough dough for two 14-inch pizzas, or two 12-inch thick-crust pizzas.
- Spread pizza sauce (Tomato and/or Basil Pesto) over dough.
- Sprinkle toppings over the sauce. At least 200g (0.5LB) of mozzarella cheese on each pizza. For inspirations, take a look at these Pizza Toppings Suggestions.
- Bake at 200-230ºC (400-450ºF) until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
It’s always a good idea to open the bread machine’s lid during the second kneading cycle (after about 10 minutes) and check the consistency of the dough ball. The dough is “just right” when it is a smooth round ball in appearance, soft to the touch, leaves a slight residue on your finger, and the bottom of the bread pan is clean of dough residue.
- If it’s too dry, add lukewarm liquid a teaspoon at a time until it looks right.
- If it looks too wet, add flour a tablespoon at a time until it looks right.
- If there is flour in the sides of the pan, use a Silicone Spatula to wipe the flour from the pan.
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Baking Awesome Bread Using a Bread Maker
- Fast2eat Foolproof (Bread maker) Bread Recipes
* “Long-term dietary intake of gluten was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease. However, the avoidance of gluten may result in reduced consumption of beneficial whole grains, which may affect cardiovascular risk. The promotion of gluten-free diets among people without celiac disease should not be encouraged.” (Source: http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j1892)
* Content and images based on Sunbeam and Oster CKSBBR9050-033 Bread Maker User Manual Retrieved from http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/4/4d6633cb-086c-4456-b7d7-5abde3447520.pdf
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback?
Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback.
Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible.
Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch!
Please contact me here or comment below!