There is nothing better than homemade pizza. I love it, and I love how easy and versatile it is.
Pizza is from Italy, but it has become famous and popular in many areas of the world. Besides being famous, this is a dish that almost everyone likes.
Preparing a pizza can have different levels of difficulty and preparation time. In addition, of course, a wide variety of topping options. Mozzarella cheese is basic, in my opinion, all pizza should have it.
Here there is a list of several toppings to accompany the dough you choose.
Those are some of my creations:
- Mozzarella + Smoked Salmon + Cream cheese (optional)
- Pesto sauce + Mozzarella + Pre-cooked Chicken Fast2eat Recipe + Brie or Cream cheese
- Pesto sauce + Mozzarella + Slow-Roasted Tomato Fast2eat Recipe + Basil
- Pesto sauce + Mozzarella + Blue cheese
- Pesto sauce + Mozzarella + Slow-Roasted Tomato Fast2eat Recipe + Blue cheese
- Mozzarella + Pre-cooked Chicken Fast2eat Recipe + Sliced tomatoes + Sliced onions + Sliced green olives + Basil
Traditional pizzas around the world:
- Alla casalinga (“Grandma pizza”) – a thin layer of dough which is stretched into an oiled, square “Sicilian” pan, topped sparingly with shredded mozzarella + crushed uncooked canned tomatoes + Chopped garlic + Olive oil, and baked until the top bubbles and the bottom is crisp
- All dressed (from Quebec) – tomato sauce (a little spicy) + Pepperoni + Onion + green pepper slices + Mushrooms
- Alla marinara – marinara sauce (a quick tomato sauce, seasoned only with Garlic, Crushed red pepper, and Basil) + Tomato + Garlic + Oregano + Extra virgin olive oil
- Bianca (“white pizza”) – a type of bread topped with olive oil + herbs (such as rosemary sprigs)
- Bolognese – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Minced meat + Onion + Fresh tomato
- Canadian or (Québécois) – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Bacon + Pepperoni + Mushrooms; variations exist
- Capricciosa – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Baked/cooked ham (or prosciutto) + Mushrooms (cremini/portobello, White Mushrooms, and others) + Marinated artichoke hearts + Tomato + Green olives + Basil leaves + Sliced boiled eggs + Cocktail sausages + Olive oil
- Funghi – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Mushrooms
- Hawaiian – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Ham + Pineapple
- Kebabpizza – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Döner kebab (a Turkish kebab, made of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie) + Onion + Green pepperoncini (hot chili peppers) + Kebab sauce poured over after baking
- Margherita – Tomato sauce + Sliced Tomato + Sliced buffalo Mozzarella + Grated Parmesan + Fresh basil + Extra virgin olive oil
- Maltija (Maltese or “ftira”) – Tomato sauce + goat cheese + sundried Tomatoes + Maltese sausage + Onion + Potatoes. Different toppings can be added, including Tuna + Olives + Anchovies + Sundried tomatoes + the traditional Maltese sausage
- Marinara – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Shrimps + Mussels + Tuna + Calamari + Crabmeat
- Meat Feast – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Ground beef + Maltese sausage + any other meat
- Mexican – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Ground beef + Jalapeños + Sweet corn/Doritos + Onion + Spicy sauce+ Red bell pepper and other hot ingredients & spices
- Napolitana (Neapolitan/Napoletana) – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Buffalo mozzarella + Anchovies + Black olives + Capers + optional: Basil + Extra virgin olive oil + Parmesan
- Pepperoni – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Pepperoni
- Poutine (from Quebec) – topped with French fries + Light gravy + Fresh mozzarella curds
- Portuguese – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Chopped ham + Pepperoni or Calabresa (optional) + Black olives + Sliced boiled eggs + Sliced onion + Olive oil and oregano
- Pugliese – Tomato + Mozzarella + Onion + Optional: oregano + Olives + Capers
- Quattro formaggi (“four cheese”) – Tomato sauce + 4 assorted kinds of cheese
1 – Mozzarella + Parmesan + Blue cheese+ Goat cheese
2 – Mozzarella + Stracchino (a type of Italian cow’s-milk cheese) + Fontina (a type of Italian cow’s-milk cheese) + Gorgonzola
3 – Mozzarella + Emmental + Cheddar + Brie
4 – Mozzarella + Gorgonzola (or blue cheese) + Cream cheese + Parmesan
5 – Mozzarella + Cheddar + Crumbled gorgonzola (or blue cheese) + Grated Parmesan + Cream cheese (optional)
Sometimes ricotta is swapped for one of the latter three among others, But you can always substitute for your choice of cheeses.
- Quattro Stagioni (“Four seasons”) – a popular style prepared with various ingredients in four sections, with each section representing a season of the year topped with Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Ham + Black olives + Mushrooms + Artichoke + Peas + Salami + Sliced boiled eggs
- Romana – Tomato + Mozzarella + Anchovies + Oregano + Olive oil
- Sicilian (locally called in Italy sfincione or sfinciuni) – it is often thick crusted and rectangular, but also round and similar to the Neapolitan pizza – Tomato sauce + Onion + Anchovies + Tomatoes + Herbs + Caciocavallo (a type of stretched-curd cheese made out of sheep’s or cow’s milk) + Toma cheese
- Viennese – Tomato + Mozzarella + German sausage + Oregano + Olive oil
- Vegetarian – Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Mushrooms + Onion + Artichoke (optional) + Sweet corn + Green peppers
- Tropical – Mozzarella + Shrimp + Bacon + Pineapple
More suggestions for topping combinations:
- Arugula + Sundried tomatoes + Olive oil + Tomato sauce
- Arugula + Tomato + Mushrooms + Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Mini tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes) + Buffalo mozzarella + Parma ham + Grated Parmesan
- Arugula + Black olive + Fresh basil
- Bacon + Tomato sauce + Mozzarella
- Bacon (chopped and fried) + Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Cheddar + Oregano
- Bacon + Mozzarella + Parmesan + Tomato + Oregano
- Bacon + Pepperoni + Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + optional: Green pepper, Onion, Brie, Ham, Arugula
- Brazilian nut + Mozzarella + Cherry tomatoes + Marjoram + Extra virgin olive oil
- Brie + Pear
- Butternut squash + Nutmeg + Ricotta + Cottage cheese + Basil + Black sesame + Extra virgin olive oil
- Mozzarella + Tomato + Leek + Red onion + Basil
- Chicken (shredded) + Sausage + Red bell pepper + Parmesan + Oregano + Chili/pepper
- Chicken (shredded) + Arugula + Tomato sauce + Tomato
- Chicken (shredded) + Cream cheese + Tomato sauce + Mozzarella + Bacon (optional) + Canned corn (optional) + Tomato + Chopped onion + Olives (optional) + Oregano
- Cottage cheese + mozzarella + Tomato + Arugula + Tomato sauce
- Cottage cheese + Leek + Braised zucchini + Tomato sauce
- Goat Cheese + Caramelized Onion (to caramelize the onions, you just need to put them in a frying pan with melted butter and add brown sugar. Once the onions are ready, simply place the onions and cheese on the dough) If you want an extra flavor, after taking the pizza from the oven, add fresh basil
- Ham + Mozzarella + optional: Sundried tomato + Basil + Spices
- Heart of palm (sliced) + Mozzarella + Tomato sauce
- Lean ground beef + Broccoli + Chopped carrots + Pepper mix + Mint + Extra virgin olive oil
- Mozzarella + Tomato sauce
- Mushrooms + Sliced Bacon + Tomato sauce + Mozzarella
- Mushrooms (Shitake + shimeji) + Mozzarella + Tomato sauce
- Pesto sauce + Mozzarella
- Ricotta + Cherry tomatoes + Broccoli + Tomato sauce
- Smoked salmon + Cream cheese + Tomato sauce
Tuna + Mozzarella + Grits + Cherry tomatoes + Capers + Black olives + Olive oil + Oregano
- Tuna + Buffalo mozzarella + Green olives + Tomato sauce
- Turkey breast + Broccoli + Cream cheese + Mozzarella + Onion + Tomato
- Zucchini (The suggestion is to leave the zucchini marinating for 2 days before preparation) + Tomato sauce + Parmesan + Chili/pepper + Optional soy sauce + Balsamic vinegar + Tofu
- Zucchini + Eggplant + Buffalo mozzarella + marjoram + golden flaxseed + Extra virgin olive oil
Sweet Toppings combinations:
- Apple and/or banana: To prepare this pizza topping you just need to spread on the dough a layer of ricotta or mozzarella, distribute pieces of apple and/or banana, some raisins (optional), chopped nuts (optional), cinnamon and honey or sugar.
- Banana with dulce de leche: You just need to spread the dulce de leche and diced bananas by the pizza dough. Sprinkling with chocolate powder is also a good option + mozzarella (optional)
- Fruits: Banana (Sliced) + kiwi + chopped strawberries + cinnamon powder + chestnuts + sugar or honey or molasses
- Chocolate with strawberry and/or banana: Simply melt the chocolate, mix with whipping or heavy cream, spread this mixture through the dough and bake. After that, just decorate with granulated chocolate and sliced strawberries and/or banana.
- Chocolate: just need to melt the chocolate and then spread it through the dough. The preparation is very simple and fast. If you want to increase the flavor, a good suggestion is to add chopped fruits and/or nuts. You can also mix it with whipping or heavy cream for a softer texture
- Milk chocolate + White chocolate + Mozzarella (optional)
- Nutella with chocolates: you just need to spread it through the Nutella dough and then sprinkle chunks of black and white chocolate
Have you already chosen which of these options you will try first?
Created a new one? Please Leave a comment below with your new creation.
I am preparing another post just for crust options and it will be published soon. But while it’s not ready you can make this gluten/grain-free Tapioca Pizza Crust Fast2eat Recipe or the traditional white pizza to test those toppings.
Hungry for more? A new post every Tuesday and Friday.
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback?
Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback.
Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible.
Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Do you own or manage a restaurant and wants dinners also save time eating in your restaurant? You’re more than welcome to check out Fast2eat benefits for restaurant owners and request a Fast2eat demo now. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Get in Touch!
Please contact me here or comment below!