Bored of canned tomato sauce? This removes the acidity of the tomato and makes canned tomato sauce taste like homemade.
It’s Fast, simple and requires no chopping at all.
It’s the quickest and simplest tricks I’ve learned as a result on how to improve the flavour of canned tomato sauce.
For best results, use a canned tomato sauce that is relatively plain and good quality canned tomato sauce.
- 2.5 cups Tomato sauce - canned
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Oregano - dried
- Basil - fresh and/or dried
- To save time boil the water using an Electric Kettle.
- Heat tomato sauce in a Saucepan over medium heat.
- Add boiled water (or this homemade chicken broth), sugar, Oregano Leaves, Basil Leaves.
- Let simmer until boil.
- Taste for seasoning, add in a pinch of salt, black pepper and/or beef/Chicken Broth Mix/vegetable mix if desired.
- Use this as a base tomato sauce for any recipe, such as this Creamy Chicken Lasagna Fast2eat Recipe. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!