If you’re looking for easy pancakes with 100% whole wheat flour, this one will do it for you.
Last week I shared the Easy Basic Pancake Fast2eat. It’s simple and makes extra light and fluffy pancakes. Since it uses all-purpose flour, some people asked for one with 100% whole wheat flour.
These come out very light, fluffy and delicious and are full of whole grain. I absolutely love the nutty flavor of the whole wheat flour.
- 3 Egg
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey - or sugar
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- Beat the eggs, oil, milk and honey together in a mixing bowl
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt stirring until it is just mixed, there will be some lumps, it's not a problem.
- Attention: Do NOT over stir - you will have tough pancakes if you do!
- Preheat frying pan (nonstick or ceramic coated cast-iron) or electric griddle over medium to medium-high heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Tip: If you let the mix sit undisturbed for about 15-20 min, they will be real fluffy.
- Ladle batter onto hot griddle or into hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray, using about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- This may be trial and error, depending on your own stove.Turn over when most of the air bubbles have popped, or the bottom of the pancake is nicely browned, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and brown the other side until the pancakes are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Continue with more oil and remaining batter. You'll have 16 to 20 pancakes.
- Serve warm with desired assorted toppings such as maple or table syrup, honey, butter, confectioners' sugar, sweetened whipped cream, chocolate or caramel syrup, sweetened condensed milk, ice cream, jam or jelly or your favorite dried or fresh fruit, such as strawberries, cherries, grapes, bananas and blueberries.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!