Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
Making pasta in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot is straightforward. It really cooks the pasta just perfectly! This recipe takes only 3 minutes of pressure cooking, and dinner is ready. What’s more, you will have the creamiest, most delicious pasta ever! I may actually like pasta cooked in the pressure cooker/Instant Pot now, more than the typical boiling the noodles and putting it all together after!
This is a true one-pot recipe. Pasta is always easy to make, but it also usually requires a pan for the meat, a pot for noodles, a pot for sauce, and a colander for draining: one pot and no colander needed here. Walk away from the stove and tend to other things while your pasta cooks itself in the pressure cooker—no boiling over, no stirring!
Try this pressure cooker/Instant Pot pasta recipe. It is absolutely mouth-watering. I am sure you will love it.
Dinner served in less than 30 minutes!
The easiest pasta recipe ever! I am sure it will become an instant hit with your family!
Check more information on How to cook pasta in 3 minutes using an instant pot/pressure cooker.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
Sauté the Sausage (Sauté function)
Pressure Cook Pasta (High Pressure function)
- 4 cups Water - boiling
- 2 cups Cream - Whipping/Thick/Heavy/Evaporated milk
- 3 cups Tomato sauce
- 500 g Pasta - Short-cut – I used Fusilli - if using long pasta break noodles in half lengths
- 1 pinch Cinnamon - ground
- 1 pinch Ginger - ground
- 1 tbsp Basil - dried or 2 tbsp fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Chives
- Parmesan cheese - Grated
Sauté the Sausage.
- Turn an electric pressure cooker on to sauté function. Add the oil, chopped onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent, soft and fragrant, stirring constantly to not let brown.
- Add Smoked Sausage and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker, and then deglaze Instant Pot by scrubbing all the flavourful brown bits off the bottom with a wooden or silicone spoon. Give it a quick mix.
Pressure Cook Pasta
- Turn off the sauté function and add the tomato sauce, remaining water (rinse the pasta sauce jar with the remaining water - pour the water into the jar, twist on the lid, and shake gently - and then pour the water), the cream, cinnamon, ginger and herbs to the pot and stir to combine well.
- Add pasta into the pressure cooker. Ensure all pasta is soaked into the liquid (not clumped together). Push the pasta down with a spoon if necessary to make sure it is completely covered in liquid. Do not stir from this point on.
- Close the lid, and then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure 3 minutes + Natural Release 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, release the remaining pressure by turning Venting Knob to Venting Position.
- When Floating Valve drops, open the lid carefully and stir the pasta into the sauce. You will notice when you remove the lid, the sauce looks very liquidy, give it a good stir, and the pasta and sauce will be perfectly incorporated.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and remove the pot from the pressure cooker.
- Taste and season with salt if you want.
- Garnish with a flurry of grated Parmesan cheese, and then serve immediately!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.