Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
If you are wondering how to make the perfect air fryer steak, then look no further. It truly is so easy.
I don’t feel like firing up a steak in a skillet because of the smell. You need to turn on your stove fan because things will get smoky. Plus, everything around the skillet within 2 feet will be covered in a layer of grease splatter. If you were to use the oven, it is hard to get the steak tips browned without overcooking the inside, and the browning is where the flavour is concentrated. Therefore it’s the best solution when you are craving a steak during the winter, and it’s not possible to access a grill when it is -20 below out or in the middle of a snowstorm.
So the benefit of the air fryer is that you get a nice browning on the outside while retaining all the juiciness of your favourite steak on the inside and no nasty clean-up of your whole kitchen. It’s a hands-off dinner. I literally season my steaks, place them in the air fryer, and flip when my halfway timer goes off. There is no need for me to watch it.
Just add some butter or oil, then use whatever spices you usually use on steaks. I only used salt and pepper. Sometimes I add some garlic or Garlic Powder and/or Paprika and/or dried herbs for extra flavour or salt substitute. When it comes to flavour, I like it simple. You don’t need exotic ingredients to cook a perfect steak.
Serve it with a mashed or baked potato, a salad, pasta or whatever you want to complete your wonderful steak dinner—this one I made with delicious air fryer sweet potato fries.
It is perfect for two, and within minutes, it’s not for a crowd*.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 250 g Steak - 1-1.5 in/2.5-3.5 cm thick - Top Sirloin or New York strip or Filet Mignon or a ribeye or any other favourite cut
- Salt - coarse - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste freshly ground
- Olive oil - optional - or butter
- Bring the steak to room temperature** (this helps it cook more evenly as the heat penetrates much easier when the meat is not frozen).
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes or until 400°F (200°C).
- While you’re waiting, make sure to trim any connective tissue or large pieces of fat from the edges of your steak—it should pull off easily, but you can use a sharp knife.
- Season the steak and rub it all over with olive oil. The oil is optional, but it helps crust the outside of the meat and adds extra flavour.
- Place the steak inside the air fryer basket, do not overlap the steaks. If cooking in more than two steaks, make sure not to overcrowd the Air Fryer basket. If needed, cook in batches to avoid overcrowding. The first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- If there is a temperature setting (mine doesn't), set the temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook for 6-18 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Cooking time depends on how thick and cold the steaks are plus how "done" you prefer your steaks. You can adjust cooking times to your preferred doneness. Use a quick read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. It is the safest way to know that the steak is cooked to your desired doneness ***.
- Remove it from the air fryer, and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing****.
- Serve immediately.
|Steak doneness||Internal temperature (subtract 4 F (2 C) from a target temperature to calculate your pull temperature)||Center Colour and touch||Average cooking time in total (flip halfway through)|
|Rare||120-130 F (50-55 C)||Cool red center (Seared on the outside showing bright red colour center. Center is slightly cool, soft to the touch, much like the raw meat)||6-8 minutes|
|Medium Rare||130-140 F (55-60 C)||Warm red center (Seared on the outside with the center showing a red colour, slightly firmer than rare, firm surface should give a bit toward the middle (it will spring back quickly))||10 minutes|
|Medium||140-150 F (60-65 C)||Warm pink center (Firm to the touch with a light pink center)||12 minutes|
|Medium Well||150-160 F (65-70 C)||Slightly pink center (a hint of pink in the very middle, very stiff but still have a little squishy in the center)||14 minutes|
|Well Done||160-170 F (70-77 C)||No pink, firmer meat (there is not the faintest hint of pink in the middle. It should be browned through, not burnt through, and solid to the touch)||16 minutes|
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
exquisite Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) steak with Brie dish in less time than it takes to order a pizza. The brie melts all over the top of the steak giving it a creamy sauce that’s simply divine.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.