Salmon is one of my favourite dinners and it couldn’t be easier to make and results in juicy, succulent baked salmon and perfectly cooked asparagus. The foil packet cooking method really helps the salmon absorb all the other flavours in the recipe; it seals in moisture and keeps the flavours intact.
A foolproof recipe, even if you have minimal experience in the kitchen you can easily make this salmon that requires minimal prep and clean!
You can also prep ahead of time, and then just throw in the oven when ready to eat.
For even more flavour, you can also make this same recipe on the grill. This way of preparing salmon is also great for grilling out in the backyard, camping or picnicking. You prepare everything in advance and refrigerate until ready to throw on the grill. Then, just 15 minutes later you have a complete meal, eat straight from the foil and then toss when you’re done, with no dishes to clean.
Baked Salmon and Asparagus in Foil Fast2eat
- 16 spears Asparagus - woody ends removed
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 2 Salmon - skinless fillets
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Garlic
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp Hondashi - *Bonito fish Soup Stock
- 1/2 tsp Paprika - optional
- 1/2 tsp Parsley - dried or chopped fresh
- 1/2 tsp Basil - dried or chopped fresh
- 1/2 tsp Thyme - dried or chopped fresh
- 1/2 tsp Oregano - dried or chopped fresh
- 1 Lemon juice - thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the foil into 2 equal sheets (about 14”/35cm) and divide the asparagus spears into equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet), laying them in the centre of the foil.
- Mix minced garlic and olive oil and drizzle over the asparagus.
- Season each salmon fillet with lemon juice, Minced Garlic, HonDashi*, Paprika (I use Paprika instead of black pepper and your favourite herbs (I usually use parsley, basil, thyme and oregano).
- Lay each salmon fillet over the asparagus.
- Top each with about 2-3 lemon slices.
- Roll up each of them and place them on a baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven until salmon is cooked through (Once the salmon is opaque in the middle), about 15 - 30 minutes, depending on the salmon fillet's thickness.
- Unwrap and serve warm.
- Complete the meal with white rice, mashed potatoes, carrot souffle and or green salad.
- Bell Peppers
- dill, sage, rosemary, tarragon and or cilantro
- Ground Black pepper or red pepper flakes
- cherry tomatoes (sliced in half), which adds more juice
- Drizzle with a little honey for added sweetness
- Grated Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning adds great Italian flavour
- And why not pesto sauce
- You could replace the lemon slices with oranges or limes
- Horseradish sauce
To properly prepare your recipe, you may need to use the conversion tables to accurately convert the weight, volume, length, and temperature of all the necessary ingredients. These Fast2eat conversion tables will allow you to ensure that your recipe turns out perfectly and that all measurements are precise and accurate.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made using these links don’t cost any extra and provide Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Read bread-making further information in my book:
Hungry for more? A new post and recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here, but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe, please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down, and you will find the comment form.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.