Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This Fajitas’ recipe is a crowd-pleasing meal when you are short on time but looking for maximum flavour. You won’t want to stop eating them!
In Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine, a fajita is any grilled meat, usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. So, you can make these fajitas with any meat you like. Also, try the shrimp and chicken fajita.
With onions and colourful bell pepper strips and the traditional flour (or corn) tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole (or sliced avocado) and/or salsa (or pico de gallo or diced tomatoes) for the best dinner in minutes! Or wrap them in a lettuce leaf for a low-carb option. This is such a great meal, it’s filling, and it’s delicious, and you can put this together any night of the week in half an hour.
This beef fajita is generously seasoned with bold, savoury homemade seasoning mix. Spicy, salty, perfectly flavoured seasoning mix made at home with spices that you already have in your spice rack! So easy, so yummy, and no chemicals or preservatives! Add a generous amount of the fajita mix and toppings to a warm tortilla, and you’ve got a complete meal ready to be devoured!
This recipe is seriously so easy to make and delicious! The cooking process is really quick, with just a few stirs and chops for preparation.
Now you can have the same Mexican restaurant fajitas in the comfort of your own home!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt - freshly grounded coarse sea salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper - Fresh ground
- ½ tsp Oregano - dried
- 1/2 tsp Thyme - dried– optional
- 1/2 tsp Parsley - dried– optional
- 2 tsp Chives - dried– optional
- 2 tsp Basil - dried– optional
- 1 tsp Chili powder - optional
- 1 tsp Cumin - optional
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes - optional
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 500 g Beef - sliced into strips
- Lime Juice - or lemon juice to taste
- 2 Onion - halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced
- 1 Red Bell pepper - sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell pepper - sliced
- 1 Orange Bell pepper - sliced
- 4 Tortillas - flour or corn or lettuce leaf for a low carb option
- Sour cream - to taste
- Cheese - mix shredded optional to taste
- Guacamole - optional to taste– see recipe here or sliced fresh avocado
- Salsa - optional to taste – or pico de gallo or diced tomatoes
- Lettuce - optional to taste - or cabbage
- Jalapeño - optional to taste - sliced
- Cilantro - optional for garnish
- Lime juice - wedges
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven.
- Cut the meat into long strips. Set aside.
- Slice the onion lengthwise; set aside.
- Slice the peppers into long 0.5 cm/0.55 inch strips; set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet (you could also easily use a hot grill).
- Add the meat to the skillet - Cook meat, stirring regularly, until they are cooked through.Note: If you want the meat to be rare in the middle, quickly sauté the beef and set it aside.
- Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes until it's slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the peppers and the remaining fajita seasoning to the pan. Cook bell peppers until crisp-tender. The peppers should be slightly cooked. You don't want them overcooked.
- If needed, as soon as the oil begins to smoke, add some lemon (or lime) juice to deglaze. Use a spatula to scrape up some browned bits.
- Season fajitas with more salt and pepper as desired.
- When you are ready to serve, remove tortillas from the oven and top with sour cream, the seared beef, peppers, onion, shredded cheese, guacamole (or sliced avocado), salsa (or pico de gallo or diced tomatoes), thinly sliced lettuce and/or any of your favourite toppings.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Make aheadYou can also prep everything in advance, toss everything on a hot grill pan or cast-iron skillet, and have wonderful homemade fajitas in under 30 minutes. Make sure the meat is defrosted and ready to go. Have all the meat and vegetables cut and ready to go next to the stove when you are ready to cook. It will only take a few minutes to cook the meat and vegetables! Slice the peppers and onions ahead of time. Store them in a zip-lock bag or airtight container in the fridge. And when it is time for dinner, all you have to do is searing. It is not much work for a flavourful dinner that everyone goes crazy for.
Seasoning mixYou can make the seasoning mix ahead, as it is all dried up and ready, and store it in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can also use this seasoning mix on shrimp, chicken or pork fajitas, tacos, chicken salads, and anywhere else that can somehow be turned into a Tex-Mex deal. It makes about 2 tablespoons of seasoning, enough for about 1 kg (2 pounds) of meat or chicken.
Storing LeftoverThey are good as the same fajitas or use the peppers and meat on a salad the next day or, if you’re feeling crazy, on nachos. Leftover fajitas filling will keep okay in the fridge for a day or two. I prefer to reheat them gently on the stovetop in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Fajitas can also be made with grilled shrimp, pork, or chicken.
- You can top them with low-fat cheese and Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Load them up with crisp lettuce and juicy ripe tomatoes too!
- You can get creative with the toppings. Olives and shredded veggies such as carrots or cabbage make unique toppings!
- Squeeze additional lime overtop and serve over tortillas.
- Mexican oregano has a more citrusy, peppery bite, but is similar to the sweeter Mediterranean oregano. Either works.
- I chose three different coloured bell peppers to get the best visual impact of seeing fajitas on a plate. Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers are the sweetest, which is why I use them, but green bell peppers will also work just fine. You could also add some poblano peppers into the mix for a different flavour. If you like a spicy fajita, add minced jalapeño to the recipe.
- You can serve these Fajitas wrapped in tortillas or serve them with rice and beans.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
exquisite Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) steak with Brie dish in less time than it takes to order a pizza. The brie melts all over the top of the steak giving it a creamy sauce that’s simply divine.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Join us for free by following us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube!
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.