Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
I am sure you will love this no-bake Bis Ice Cream Cake. A melt-in-your-mouth triple threat of milk & white chocolate wafers studded ice cream blanketed with “moussey” chocolate cream (the famous Brazilian brigadeiro) all atop whipped cream. Decadently sinful.
Classic chocolate wafer cookies get things started. They are crisp and light, the perfect texture to whirl into fine grounds for the crust. You will need a lot of Chocolate Wafers for this cake. I used 2 boxes (252g) of the Brazilian Milk Bis Lacta and 2 boxes (252g) of the Brazilian White Bis Lacta. And another extra box for garnish. KitKat would also work.
The beauty of this type of dessert is it is completely customizable. You can customize it with your favourite ice creams and mix in your favourite wafers and or candy. I chose the cookies & cream, but the classic vanilla and chocolate ice cream; they also complement beautifully. You can use store-bought or homemade ice cream. Just choose one or two flavours of ice cream you love.
Freeze this beauty overnight to fully set and not go splat when removing the springform pan sides.
No insane baking skills are needed. No fancy equipment or tools are required – just a 9-inch springform pan. It is perfect for any time you need a cool treat.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
Bis (kit kat) ice-cream cake Fast2eat
Hot Fudge Sauce Topping (Brazilian Brigadeiro)
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Butter - or margarine
- 3-4 tbsp Chocolate powder - 50% - the kind you add to milk like Nesquik or Carnation chocolate powder
- 1 cup Milk - or evaporated milk or cream
- 20 bars Chocolate Wafer - Milk and or white - I used 1 box (126g of the Brazilian Milk Bis Lacta – in Canada buy here – see notes)
- Whipping cream
Hot Fudge Sauce Topping (Brazilian Brigadeiro)
- In a clean small saucepan, mix the sweetened condensed milk, the cocoa powder, and the butter
- Cook it over medium-low heat, constantly mixing (this is important, stirring and scraping during the cooking process will ensure it does not burn and that no lumps form) until it thickens, about 5-10 minutes. A way to know is to run your wooden spoon (or silicone spatula) in the middle of the mixture. If it takes a while (2-3 seconds) for the mixture to come back to its place, then it is ready! Or until the mixture reaches 85-90°C /185-195°F.
- Add the milk (or cream) and mix until it is a thick syrup.
- Reserve, letting it cool while you are preparing the cake.
Preparing the ice cream cake
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and leave it on the counter to soften.
- Try to get the Chocolate Wafers as close to possible as you can, against the side of the springform pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with half of the chopped Wafers. Fill the entire bottom.
- Spoon half of the softened ice cream into the pan and spread it into an even layer. Really pack the ice cream in.
- Cover with the remaining chopped Wafers.
- Then another ice cream layer. Smooth the ice cream with a small offset spatula. The pan should be almost full to the top edge.
- Pour the hot fudge sauce topping (Brazilian Brigadeiro) over the cake.
- Cover and freeze overnight or for at least 3-4 hours until ice cream hardens. The cake can be made days ahead and frozen up to one month. Keep frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and let cake stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Gently open the springform pan and remove the sides and the parchment paper. Use a thin knife or spatula to slide the cake onto the serving platter.
- Garnish with berries and whipped cream or sprinkle chopped Chocolate Wafers (Bis Lacta Milk Chocolate and Bis Lacta White Chocolate) pieces over the top.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Fast2eat has partnered with Dubrazil to share new and simple Brazilian recipes your family will love! This recipe was prepared with the following DuBrazil products:
Bis Lacta - Brazilian Chocolate WaferBis (sounds like Beesh) Lacta Chocolate is Brazil’s ever-popular chocolate-filled layers wafer biscuits. Chocolate wafers layered with cream filling, then dipped in white or milk chocolate. The creamy, delicious milk chocolate with a crispy wafer flavour in one product – a chocolatey crunch blended with sweetness. The box contains 20 Bis bars. Each bar is rather tiny and individually wrapped. Inside the wrapping, you find a lightweight rectangular cuboid consisting of four wafer layers, sandwiching layers of chocolate. The whole thing is also covered in chocolate and fits conveniently into all but the smallest mouth without the need for multiple bites. Everyone loves them. The truth is that this chocolate is irresistible and crunchy. It is almost impossible to eat only one. As soon as you finish with the one, you will be looking for the second one. It is frighteningly easy to get through 6 or 7 of these tasty treats without even thinking about it. Therefore, the name "Bis." You must be wondering why the name is "Bis." That is a Brazilian expression that means "once more," "one more," or "repeat." So, if you ever go to Brazil and you are in a concert, and the crowd yells "Bis," they want the singer to sing again. Seeing as these little biscuits are rather addictive (at least for some!), it is a very appropriate name! In Canada, you can buy it online at Dubrazil: Thanks to DuBrazil for supplying the products to help me write this post today!
Cake VariationsUse any varieties of ice cream, chocolates, and candies for this cake. I used Cookies & Cream. Or you can also add Oreo chopped cookies mixed with vanilla ice-cream. It is also delicious with chocolate ice cream. The M&Ms are another nice and colourful option for garnish. You can use some fruity ice cream going on inside and top with candies like gummy bears, Skittles, gummy worms, and lollipops. Again, whatever candies you like should be the candies you use in this cake. It is a great way to use up leftover Halloween candies. If you are outside of Canada or Brazil and do not find the Bis Lacta Chocolate wafer, substitute it for a Kit Kat Chocolate Wafer bars. It will not be the same, but still delicious.
Brigadeiro (bree-gah-day-ro)It is one of the most classic Brazilian desserts. So classic and so Brazilian, it is safe to say it is part of the Brazilian DNA. It is the most loved Brazilian party treat. Ask any Brazilian, and they will confirm… Brigadeiros are like a Brazilian chocolaty treasure, so sweet and so gooey, it is impossible not to love. True facts!
LeftoverYou can keep leftovers in the freezer, wrap them in plastic wrap or foil, and it will keep for up to one month.
Using a traditional cake PanIf you do not have a springform pan, a good tip to easily unmold it is: Line the bottom of a traditional cake pan with plastic wrap. Allow at least an inch of excess to hang over the sides. Assemble the ice cream and after 'frozen,' lift the cake out of the pan using plastic wrap as handles. Peel away the plastic wrap.
To properly prepare your recipe, you may need to use the conversion tables to accurately convert the weight, volume, length, and temperature of all the necessary ingredients. These Fast2eat conversion tables will allow you to ensure that your recipe turns out perfectly and that all measurements are precise and accurate.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made using these links don’t cost any extra and provide Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.