Keep in mind that these tips are from my own experience. I’m not a party organizer, nor am I a sommelier or a turophile (a cheese connoisseur). I just love cheese, wine and spending time with my friends.
Brie has a sumptuous yet delicate mild and bloomy flavour profile and creamy texture, making it easy to pair with an array of foods. This cheese isn’t overpowering, so it’s a simple way to enhance the flavours of its accompaniments.
When picking things to accompany Brie, it is important to enhance these qualities without overwhelming them.
You can choose from many pairings to drizzle over or stuff inside before or after cooking it. As long as you keep the ratios about the same, you can top this Brie with whatever your friends and family enjoy!
For example – delicately remove the top rind or slice a crosshatch pattern into the top rind, and slip in your favourite toppings or fillings.
Then, this culinary delight with oozing goodness will be ready to spread in just a few minutes on some bread, fruit, or veggies.
Add Toppings for an Even Better Baked Brie
After scoring the cheese, consider the following toppings that will infuse into the cheese while it bakes.
Here are a few extras you can add:
- Fresh Fruits — The sweetness and juiciness of the fruits are a lovely combination with the Brie’s creamy texture, making for an easy yet indulgent treat.
- Mainly stone fruits like peaches, halved figs, apricots and plums.
- Grapes — It’s no surprise that grapes complement virtually any cheese, given their relation to wine. Brie’s creaminess cuts through grapes’ slightly citrusy taste, resulting in a delightful balance of flavours.
- Similarly, the tart flavours of berries and apples also contrast with Brie. Fresh blueberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries, apples and pear slices enhance Brie’s boominess for a fresh late summer combination.
- Baked Apples — Slice or chop any tart baking apple and cook with butter over low heat until soft and warmed through. Scoop on top of the Brie.
- Caramelized plums, pears or apples
- Dried fruits such as cherries, apricots, cranberries or blueberries for decorations.
- Jam — Featuring Brie on a dessert cheese board or a more customizable baked Brie? Adding jam and fruit preserves is the easiest way to infuse a little sweetness into your Brie dish, such as this Pastry Brie & Jam Bites. The sweetness and a hint of acidity balance the buttery richness of the Brie. Top with a few spoonfuls of jam or preserves, like raspberry, apricot, strawberry, orange marmalade, fig, sour cherry, red currant, peach, or spicy jalapeño jelly.
- Cranberry Sauce — Top with a few spoonfuls of store-bought or homemade cranberry sauce.
- Roasted Nuts — toasted (salted, unsalted, or candied), chopped nuts, especially walnuts, slivered almonds, pecans, Pine Nuts, or pistachios. They add an incredible crunchy texture.
- Caramelized Pecans cooked in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Honey or Maple syrup or Brown sugar — Top with a few spoonfuls to create a caramelized flavour as they bake.
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as fresh rosemary sprigs, chives, thyme basil, parsley, or a mixture, go nicely together and add a fragrant aroma when baked.
- Veggies — Vegetables and Brie have a more similar flavour profile. Both are mild and can be earthy. Let your favourite veggies guide your Brie creations in the kitchen.
- Caramelized Onions — Another great option is combining caramelized onions and Brie for a savoury-yet-sweet appetizer. Slowly caramelize one onion over low heat until very brown, soft, and sweet-tasting. You can stir in a few teaspoons of brown sugar or balsamic vinegar.
- Mushrooms — The umami flavour of mushrooms, in particular, brings out the earthiness of Brie.
- Onions & Mushrooms — Caramelize one onion and add chopped or sliced mushrooms in the last half of cooking.
- Salad — Perhaps the simplest route is to emphasize Brie’s buttery flavour by adding it to a fresh salad. Simply said, because vegetables and Brie are equally versatile, there’s virtually no wrong way to incorporate them.
- Chopped red onion, onions & scallions
- Mushroom, Garlic, & Scallions
- Slow-Roasted or Oven-dried tomatoes
- Sliced or roasted garlic
- Artichoke Bottoms
- Proteins — it’s no doubt that this cheese is absolutely delicious with proteins.
- Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) with Brie
- Brie wrapped in prosciutto — it combines a creamy ham and cheese filling
- Bacon Bites
- Blue Cheese
- Pork Chop
- Smoked Salmon
- Add some spice: Add a pinch of black pepper or chilli or jalapeño slices. Cinnamon is also an excellent option.
- A splash of wine or vermouth to cut through the richness of the cheese.
- Add some truffles oil, and you have a savoury, earthy snack to tie you over between meals.
- If you’re looking to turn this recipe into more of a dessert, try topping with Nutella or chocolate and strawberries. They make a delicious sweet, and savoury combination.
- Another dessert option would be pairing Brie with gingerbread cookies, especially Triple Crème Brie. The ultra-creamy Brie almost acts as the icing on top of the crunch from these slightly sweet gingerbread cookies.
They are all delicious because Brie, all on its own, is the best-melted cheese. However, there are several tested good combinations:
- Diced pears and apples + chopped pecans (or walnuts) + honey (or Maple) – my favourite combination.
- Honey, fresh sliced pears, and almonds
- Peach and apricot pair very well with Brie and almonds as well.
- Apricot jam and pecans
- Honey or Maple syrup & Roasted Nuts: Top with a few spoonfuls of honey and toasted chopped nuts, especially walnuts, almonds, pecans, or pistachios. Drizzle some honey or pure maple syrup over the nuts to create a caramelized flavour as they bake.
- Butter, brown sugar, and pecans
- Garlic, Basil & Pine Nuts
- Cranberry, Pecan, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, & Honey
- Blue Cheese, Garlic, Bacon, & Scallion
- Apricot, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, & Toasted Almonds
- Rosemary Infused Peach Jam
- Raspberry preserves and walnuts
- Fig jam, dried cranberries, and pistachios
- Cranberry jam, fresh rosemary, and walnuts
Do not stop here, and let your imagination go wild with all the possible flavours you can add.
All about Brie
Soft-ripened and Bloomy-rind – Cow’s milk cheese.
Brie cheese – Potential health benefits
How do I select a good Brie cheese?
Best way to eat Brie
Variations of flavours and foods to pair with Brie
How to bake Brie
How to serve baked Brie
What to drink with Brie
Make-ahead & How to store Brie
Brie is a classic cheese with a rich texture and history to match! It’s sure to add an indulgent and sophisticated touch to any meal, cheese board or snack without being too overpowering. Once you know how to eat Brie, there are endless options for using its creamy, desirable flavour. Go ahead and try Brie in new ways and be sure to share your creations with us by tagging @fast2eatca on Instagram.
Did You Make a Fast2eat Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube.
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
exquisite Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) steak with Brie dish in less time than it takes to order a pizza. The brie melts all over the top of the steak giving it a creamy sauce that’s simply divine.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Join us for free by following us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube!
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.