Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
Broken Glass Jello (or jelly) is a beautiful and impressive-looking dessert. It is mesmerizing to look at and is not complicated at all!
This gorgeous Jello looks pretty complicated, but I assure you it is super simple to put together. It isn’t difficult at all to make; in just a few steps, you’ll have delightful flavourful Jello in no time. Plan in advance of your event as you will need to account for the time required for the Jelloo setup, but really, that is the most challenging part!
It reminds a mosaic. It’s pretty, delicious, fun, eye-catching and perfect for parties, or even work potlucks, especially summer ones!
It’s something that – I promise you – kids love, and even the grown-ups do, too. You’ll surely have your guests ask how you made such a beautiful dessert. Just send them to my blog! 😉
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
For the Jello Cubes
- 4-6 boxes Jelly powder - (different colours/ flavours to tastei.e. Green, yellow, red, purple, orange, blue… - I used: orange, blueberry, lime, strawberry, raspberry and cherry flavours)
- Water - boiling
- Water - Cold
For the mousse
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Whipping cream - or heavy cream or thick cream
- 1 box Jelly powder - I used strawberry flavour
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
Prepare all the jello boxes separately
- Dissolve each flavour of jello separately into 150-200 ml (5-6.7 oz) of hot water each, once it’s completely dissolved, add 150-200 ml (5-6.7 oz) of cold water.
150 ml (5 oz) hot + 150 ml (5 oz) cold water if you prefer it harder, 200 ml (6.7 oz) hot + 200 ml (6.7 oz) cold water if you prefer if softer but is must be less water than box instruction, which is 250 ml (8.45 oz) hot + 250 ml (8.45 oz) cold water.
- Make sure the Jello powder is completely dissolved in water before refrigerating or else it’ll taste grainy even after the Jello has set.
- Pour each flavour into separate rectangular or square containers, and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Prepare the mousse
- Dissolve strawberry flavour (or your favourite one) jello into 200 ml (6.7 oz) of hot water, then add 200 ml of cold water. Less water than box instruction (which is 250 ml (8.45 oz) hot + 250 ml (8.45 oz) cold water)
- In a blender mix whipping/heavy/thick cream, add sweetened condensed milk, and the prepared strawberry (or your favourite one) flavour jello (it isn’t set at this point, so is liquidly).
- Once the jellos are set, cut them into cubes. No worries if you aren’t able to cut the jello into perfect cubes, the random shapes make the dessert look even cuter.
- Pour half of the prepared mousse (it isn’t set at this point, so is liquidly) into a large glass serving dish (or divide them into two separate containers), and then plop in the colourful jello cubes randomly. Pour the other half of the prepared mousse over it. Gently mix everything with a silicone spatula and refrigerate until firm consistency.
- It is jiggly and really needs to be served in a bowl.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
never be short of a cake again.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.