Loved by the whole family, this Cappelletti chicken and broccoli soup recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
On chilly nights there’s just nothing better than having a steaming bowl of flavorful soup to warm you up and it is the perfect simple, easy comfort food for cozy winter dinners.
I’ve made this one with Tortellini, not with Cappelletti, which is the correct recipe, because although Tortellini could easily be served in a soup or other broth-based dish, traditionally, Tortellini should not be soaked too long in their broth; Tortellini are often served with a meat sauce.*
- Cut the chicken in cubes and season with lemon juice.
- In a pressure cooker (or Instant Pot), heat the olive oil using sauté option. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir fry chicken.
- Stir in boiled water, chicken stock, sliced carrot (optional), bay leaf, parsley, green onion, and any other herbs you may like and cook for about 10 minutes in the pressure cooker/or Instant Pot (high pressure).
- Note: Making in a regular pot, use pre-cooked chicken or increase the cooking time and cook until the chicken is well cooked.
- After natural release the pressure, Open the pressure cooker (or Instant Poand Stir in the Cappelletti, broccoli and nutmeg and simmer, using the sauté option, until Cappelletti float to the top and broccoli is tender, usually for about 2-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with parmesan cheese and sliced green onions.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!