This Brazilian popular cake is soft and moist, and with a really lovely light orange color. It’s a really unique flavor, but not weird at all. It’s just sweet, soft and delicious.
What I love about this Brazilian carrot cake, and as well as this Chocolate Cake, is that they are very simple to make. They are made in a blender and take less than 15 minutes to put together. Most often you just need to put your ingredients in the blender, turn it on, empty into a baking tin, and bake. Simple! No electric or hand mixer, no KitchenAid, just blend it up. And no need to cook the carrots.
Brazilian carrot cake is very different from the Canadian/American version. There are no carrot chunks in it, it is orange, no cream cheese frosting, this sunny puff of a cake is instead hugged with this shiny Chocolate icing Fast2eat Recipe (AKA Brigadeiro), instead of creamy tang. It’s a comforting, not-too-sweet any-day cake, and is perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 cups All-purpose flour - all-purpose flour
- 3 Egg
- 300 g Carrot - (about 3 large carrots) peeled and sliced into small chunks
- 2 cups Sugar - (white)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract - (optional)
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Using a Blender Beat the eggs, oil, Vanilla Extract and carrot until smooth.
- Add flour and sugar to combine until the batter gets nice and smooth.
- I like to just take a Silicone Spatula and roughly hand mix the flour first and then give it a few pulses so it gets fully incorporated. If you prefer, don’t use the blender for the whole cake, just for the wet ingredients (Oil, Eggs, Carrots and Vanilla) and then just, add flour and sugar, to a Large Mixing Bowl. Stir with a Whisk to combine. Then add the mixed liquid through flour mixture and whisk until combined well.
- Add the Baking Powder and slowly mix it.
- Preheat the oven to 180–190°C (350–375°F). Grease with Cooking Spray and flour a 9-Inch Cake Pan or a Fluted Tube/Bundt Pan.
- Bake for approximately 25-40 min ((depending on your pan) or until a toothpick or Cake Tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and if using a Fluted Tube/Bundt Pan, let cool to just barely warm before inverting.
- Transfer to a Cake Serving Platter.
- Finish it with the this Chocolate icing Fast2eat Recipe and garnish as desired.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!