Soufflé can sound a little fussy, but this recipe is anything but fussy! Traditional savoury soufflé recipes are a somewhat complicated affair, but trust me when I say this soufflé is easy.
Technically, because this dish contains no beaten egg whites, it is not a real soufflé, but rather a baked purée of carrots that has a fluffy and delicate soufflé-like texture. The name, carrot soufflé, is derived from its light, airy texture.
An excellent tasty and quick side dish–ready in just minutes. With a delicate soufflé-like texture and seductively slightly sweet taste. Similar in colour and flavour to sweet potato casserole. Pair it with chicken, beef (I love it with this ground beef), pork, baked ham, turkey fish or lamb for lunch or dinner, or serve it alongside a green salad for brunch.
This super easy creamy carrot soufflé is a treasured recipe from my childhood.
Surprisingly, my vegetable-avoiding son loves this carrot soufflé. This one and this spinach soufflé are the only veggies that he eats. I have a feeling this soufflé will become one of your family favourites, too.
Please follow Fast2eat on your preferred Social Media
Thank you so much for commenting, reading, supporting, and sharing.
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- In a large pot (or pressure cooker ), cook carrot in boiling salted water until very tender. Just make sure they’re thoroughly soft and tender before you blend them to yield the smoothest soufflé.
- Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Place the egg, onion, garlic, herbs and flour in a blender (or food processor) and pulse to combine.
- Add reserved cooked carrot and blend until smooth.
- Add baking powder and gently stir into the carrot mixture.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. Or you can also serve this in small ramekins for individual carrot soufflés.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.