It’s a variation of the Basic Béchamel (white) sauce with a mild flavor of chicken.
- 2 tbsp Butter - or Margarine
- 1 Onion - chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic - (optional)
- 2 tbsp Dry milk powder
- 3 cups Chicken broth - from the chicken cooking (http://fast2eat.com/recipe/pre-cooked-chicken-and-chicken-stock/) or from Chicken broth mix
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Salt - to tasty
- In a medium Saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted.
- Cook the onion, Minced Garlic and salt in the butter until tender, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle the flour on the butter and onion and stir with a Silicone Whisk until smooth.
- Let the butter and flour mixture cook for 1-2 minute over medium heat, whisking constantly. That way, your bechamel won’t taste like flour.
- You can use the Chicken Stock Fast2eat Recipe or the Chicken Broth Mix.
If using the mix, boil 3 cups of water using an Electric Kettle and mix it on it.
- Mix Chicken broth with powdered milk.
- Add the milk mix to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. If you stop whisking, your sauce will be lumpy. Bring to a boil (over medium-high heat).
- When the consistency of your sauce becomes thick and creamy, remove from the heat and season with salt and nutmeg. Taste before seasoning.
- Set aside until ready to use.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Check out other Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!