This is SOOOOOO good… absolutely delicious! And not only is it a flavour bomb, you won’t believe how easy this beautiful dish is to make, all in one pan!!!
It requires just 5-minutes (or less) prep with only 4 ingredients and rich, delicious flavors! An easy one pot dish, healthy, simple, and gluten-free dinner recipe.
It is freezable and can easily be prepped ahead (as in make all the meals on the weekend and then stick them in the oven throughout the week).
If you’re a beginner, or just want something tasty and easy to cook, you should definitely give this a go!
- 3 Chicken - breast (or turkey breast)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic - or 3 minced cloves
- Chicken broth mix - (or salt to taste)
- Basil - Dried – Optional to taste
- Oregano - Dried – Optional to taste
- Parsley - Dried – Optional to taste
- Thyme - Dried – Optional to taste
- Paprika - Optional to taste
- Black pepper - Optional to taste
- Salt - Optional to taste
- 3 tbsp Basil pesto sauce
- 1 Tomato - sliced (Roma is the best option)
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese - (Italian blend cheese or Feta or Parmesan or Asiago or provolone)
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Place chicken breast in a glass baking dish or casserole dish. Season chicken with Lemon juice, Garlic, Chicken mix (or salt, to taste), Pepper (or Paprika optional to taste) and optional dried herbs such as: Basil, Oregano, Parsley and Thyme.
- Spread pesto on each chicken breast. If you don’t have homemade pesto, you can use store-bought Basil Pesto Sauce,
- Layer tomatoes on top of the chicken. I usually remove the seeds from tomatoes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked (no longer pink in the middle) and cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Plate and enjoy with mixed greens salad, white rice and or Sauté potatoes. Pasta or steamed broccoli would also go nicely with this dish.
- It really is that easy!
- Heat a pan with a small amount of oil on high heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan for 2-3 minutes on high just to brown the chicken, repeat on the other side, repeat with all chicken breast.
- Continue with the recipe as directed.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!