Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This Cinnamon Pecan Sour Cream Cake is an ultra-moist coffee cake topped with a mixture of cinnamon pecan and sugar. It is outrageously delicious, and everyone loves this!
With a tender texture thanks to sour cream in the batter. It does not taste the sour cream. What it does is add the exact right amount of moisture, while the acidity in the sour cream aids in giving the cake a tender crumb.
The pecan topping is where this cake really shines, adding the best cinnamon sweetness and the perfect crunch on top. It adds the exact right amount of crumbly crunch that all good coffee cakes need.
The delightful aroma that will permeate your home while you are baking this delicious cake is an additional bonus!
Serve this cake warm, at room temperature, or freeze it for later! This cake is incredibly versatile. Of course, enjoying a slice warm is the ultimate indulgence, but it is perfect for making the night before, so it’s ready and waiting for breakfast.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Pecan - chopped
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Attach the kneading blade in the bread pan.
- Place ingredients into the bread pan following the recipe order (or following the order and method specified in your Bread Maker's manual – mine is: FIRST, liquid ingredients; SECOND, dry ingredients; LAST, yeast). Note: With a finger or a knife, make a small indentation in the middle of the flour. Add yeast to indentation, making sure it does not come into contact with the liquid ingredients. If using programming time, place the Walnuts after flour.
- Carefully insert bread pan into Bread Maker and gently close the lid.
- Plug the power cord into a wall outlet. Select the “Cake” bread setting. You cannot use the “Crust Colour” and “size” buttons.
- Caution: Do not use Delay Timer* for recipes with ingredients that can spoil like eggs or milk. More information at: "Using the Delay Timer"
- After 6-15 minutes of pre-mixing, use a Silicone Spatula to wipe the flour from the pan. DO NOT remove the pan. KEEP it locked in the machine while removing the flour from the sides.
- Prepare the topping by mixing sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the bread machine beeps during the kneading cycle, raise the lid and sprinkle the topping mixture on the batter. CAUTION: It is important to avoid spilling ingredients into the oven chamber. DO NOT remove the pan. KEEP it locked in the machine.
- Close the lid and let the cycle complete (do NOT open the lid anymore).
- It will mix and bake the cake.
- When the baking cycle is complete, check for doneness**. If ready, press the stop button and unplug the breadmaker.Note: My cake was not ready after the “cake” cycle has finished, so I used the "Bake" cycle for additional 20 minutes. Remember to check each 5-10 minutes as bread makers may vary.
- When it is ready, open the lid, and while using Oven Mitt, firmly grasp the bread pan handle and gently pull the pan straight up and out of the machine.CAUTION: The Bread Maker and pan may be very hot! Always handle with care.
- Cool slightly before removing.Use non-stick Spatula to gently loosen the sides of the cake from the pan.
- Turn the bread pan upside down onto a Wire Cooling Rack or clean cooking surface and gently shake until bread falls out onto the rack.
- The “Quick/rapid bread” and the dedicated “Cake” setting will mix your batter and bake your cake from start to finish in the bread machine.
- The “batter” setting, like the “Pasta dough” setting will prepare your cake batter, but you must pour it into a baking pan to finish it in the oven. The typical oven setting is 350-425°F (180-220°C) for about 45 minutes, but you need to insert a knife or wooden skewer into the center of the cake to make sure it’s done. If it comes out wet, add another 10 minutes.
- The “bake” feature is essentially where you mix the ingredients by hand prior to putting them in the bread pan. You can then manually set the program for your desired length of time.
- Check the mixture is blended. About 5-6 minutes into the mixing part of the cake cycle, open the lid and make sure there are no stray lumps of flour or butter clinging to the sides of the pan. Scrap everything in using a silicone spatula.
- Cold butter may not be properly incorporated, so make sure it’s really soft (or melted) when it goes in. Recipes that call for oil are better in this respect, as they’ll ensure good fat distribution.
- Don’t use your regular bread flour to make cakes – it’s got too much gluten, which will produce a tough batter. Choose plain/all-purpose (baking) or cake flour (according to the recipe).
**Check for donenessWhen the “Cake setting” is done, check for doneness. The optimal internal temperature for Cake (quick non-yeast bread) is at 95°C/205°F. If you don’t have a thermometer, check by opening the lid and inserting a toothpick in the centre of the Cake before removing it from the bread pan. The toothpick should come out clean when done. If it comes out wet, it is not done. If need, continue baking using “Bake setting,” checking it every 5 to 10 minutes until done. Do not overcook. Keep in mind that temperatures rise quickly towards the end of baking. Check more info about the Cake setting.
You may also make this cake without the aid of a bread machine, or make the batter in a bread machine and bake it in the oven.Cream butter and sugar together, then add in sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. With a mixer, begin with flour mixture and add alternately with one cup cream mixture, ending with flour mixture. Pour half of the batter in a lightly greased and floured cake pan, sprinkle with half of the topping mixture, then remaining batter and finally sprinkle top with remaining topping mixture. Bake it in a preheated 325°F/165°C oven for 20-30 minutes, or until its interior temperature registers at 95°C/205°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the cake from the oven, and cool it on a wire rack.
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Baking Awesome Bread Using a Bread Maker
- Fast2eat Foolproof (Bread maker) Bread Recipes
* (“Long-term dietary intake of gluten was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease. However, the avoidance of gluten may result in reduced consumption of beneficial whole grains, which may affect cardiovascular risk. The promotion of gluten-free diets among people without celiac disease should not be encouraged.” Source: http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j1892)
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
never be short of a cake again.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.