Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
It is a breeze to make! You can get this cake in the oven in about 5 minutes―as fast as it takes you to gather the ingredients.
It is super moist, sweet, and full of corn and coconut flavour!
In Brazil, sweet cornmeal cake (Bolo de Fubá) is a staple for breakfast or an afternoon snack with coffee.
Corn cakes are a staple in Brazilian cuisine, especially during the winter festivities. Many recipe variations include cakes made of cornmeal, fresh corn, canned corn, coconut, cheese, guava, etc. The cakes are made with cheese or coconut in some homes for a rich, dense consistency (commonly called Bolo de Fubá Cremoso). Fine ground cornmeal encourages a delicate, light texture in this classic version. You could eat a different corn cake every day and never get sick of it!
Brazilian Cornmeal Cake is similar in texture to cornbread, only sweeter and moister. It contains two of my favourite ingredients: corn and coconut, and this one, in particular, is deliciously creamy.
There could be nothing tastier than this beloved cornmeal cake, a delicious yet straightforward coffee cake usually served either for breakfast or as an afternoon snack, accompanied by a strong cup of coffee.
This recipe is from my Godmother, Regina.
The best thing about this cake is how easy and fast it is to make it from scratch! It’s a dump-and-blend, and no mixer is needed, as most Brazilian cakes use the blender instead. It is pretty much effortless with minimum cleanup.
My family loves this cake, especially my daughter.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube.
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 100 g Butter - 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 Egg
- 1 ¼ cup Coconut milk
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Icing Sugar - or sugar
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Using a blender, beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add flour and Cornmeal to a Large Mixing Bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine. Then add the mixed liquid through the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Baking Powder and slowly mix it.
- Preheat the oven to 180–190°C (350–375°F). Grease with Cooking Spray and flour a 9-Inch Cake Pan or a Fluted Tube/Bundt Pan.
- Bake for about 25-40 min (depending on your pan and oven) or until a toothpick or Cake Tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and immediately run a thin knife around the edges to loosen it.
- Let it cool slightly, about 20 minutes, then turn the cake into a cooling rack or Cake Serving Platter to finish cooling.
- Add the sugar to a small bowl and gradually whisk in the coconut milk until all the sugar is dissolved and smooth.
- Note: Add more confectioners' sugar or coconut milk if necessary to make a thick but pourable glaze (it should be a little thicker than you'd think about the consistency of molasses or honey).
- Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Note: Do it while it is still warm – this way, the cake absorbs the icing.
- Let the glaze set and allow the cake to cool completely for about an hour before serving.
VariationsI use butter, but you can also use coconut oil. In Brazil, people usually mix a pinch of fennel seeds into the batter. I also like to use walnuts instead. Brown and white sugar can be used interchangeably in this recipe to taste preference. You can use regular milk if you don't like coconut milk. Some people like to add shredded coconut, or cheese, for a moister, richer cake.
You can make this classic cake even more delicious by adding some guava paste (also really popular in Brazil). There is also an option to add guava syrup over it. Or, if you’re not too keen on going overboard with guava-ness, you can dust some powdered sugar or a mixture of sugar and cinnamon over it!
LeftoverThis cake will stay fresh for a few days, covered at room temperature. However, it will start to stale after that. If it’s not entirely gone in 2-3 days, wrap it in plastic wrap or place it into a Ziplock bag. This cake freezes well for up to 3 months. After that, allow it to thaw at room temperature. You can also warm it in the oven for a few minutes, wrapped in aluminum foil if you prefer the warm cake.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
never be short of a cake again.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Join us for free by following us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube!
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.