Crème caramel (French), flan, caramel pudding or Brazilian Condensed Milk Flan (Aka Pudim De Leite Condensado) is a custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top, as opposed to crème brûlée, which is pudding with a hard caramel top.
If you are one of those who lose an entire hour to make it in the conventional oven… This recipe is for you! Using a Pressure cooker is time saver, it’s done in just 10 minutes.
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 3 Egg
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 can Milk - (use the same can to measure)
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- In a Tube pan, melt the sugar over low heat, directly on the stovetop burner, stirring constantly until the sugar melts completely and becomes a golden brown syrup. Be careful, do not let it burn and only stir once it has started to turn light brown and syrupy.
- Swirl the pan allowing the caramel to completely cover the base and about 1-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Caramelized sugar is EXTREMELY hot, so be careful when working with it! Sugar burns are totally the worst!
- Set aside to cool and harden.
- Beat everything in a Blender for about 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the caramelized pan (after the syrup is hard) and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add 2 glasses of hot water in a pan under the flan pan (water-bath).
Pressure cooker (it is time saver)
- In a electric pressure cooker, set it in high for 10 minutes.
- If making in the oven: Preheat an oven to 350-425 degrees F (180-220 degrees C).
- Prepare a water bath by placing the Tube Cake pan into a larger Round Cake Pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted at least 1-2 inch from the edge comes out clean, 45 to 90 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours in a cold fridge before serving.
- To serve, carefully run a knife around the edges, I usually put it quickly in a low heat to melt the syrup a little).
- Place a Glass serving platter on top and turn upside down. It should just come out without too much hassle and you'll notice the caramel has doubled in volume.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!