Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This is the best yeasted cornbread! It tastes divine. It’s sweet but not over the top.
Adding cornmeal to the bread dough is really delicious. The cornmeal also provides lovely texture and a slight flavour of corn. The interior of the bread has a warm golden colour from the cornmeal.
My family absolutely loves the hint of sweetness and corn, and I’m sure your loved ones will too. This has become one of my husband’s favourite breads that I make. And it always comes out perfect.
It is crunchy on the outside but moister on the inside with a phenomenal crust. Furthermore, it isn’t too sweet. Try making toast from this bread, and you’ll be delighted. It is sooo good. You could eat it for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and even a midnight snack.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 2 cups Milk - 75°– 90°F or 24°– 32°C - or Water + 3/8 cup (6 tbsp) dry milk
- 1/4 cup Butter - room temperature or Margarine
- 3 1/2 cups Bread flour
- 1 1/4 cup Cornmeal - * or Cornflour
- 3/8 cup Sugar - 3/8 cup = 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Fennel - optional
- 2 tsp Active dry yeast
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Attach the kneading blade in the Bread Maker pan.
- Place ingredients into the bread pan following the recipe order (or following the order and method specified in the manual of your Bread Maker – mine is: FIRST, liquid ingredients; SECOND, dry ingredients; LAST, yeast). Note: With a finger or a knife, make a small indentation in the middle of the flour. Add yeast to indentation, making sure it does not come into contact with the liquid ingredients.
- Carefully insert bread pan into Bread Maker and gently close the lid.
- Select “Sweet” bread setting. If available, choose crust colour (I usually set Medium, but if you prefer set Light or Dark) and loaf size (2LB) and Press the Start button.
- Caution: Do not use Delay Timer* for recipes with ingredients that can spoil like eggs or milk. More information at: "Using the Delay Timer".
- It will mix and bake the bread. When the baking cycle is complete, press the stop button and unplug the breadmaker.
- Open the lid and while using Oven Mitt, firmly grasp the bread pan handle and gently pull the pan straight up and out of the machine. CAUTION: The Bread Maker and pan may be very hot! Always handle with care.
- Use non-stick Spatula to gently loosen the sides of the bread from the pan.
- Turn the bread pan upside down onto a Wire Cooling Rack or clean cooking surface and gently shake until bread falls out onto the rack.
- Cool for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- To make perfect slices every time use a Bread Slicer with an Electric Knife.
- If it’s too dry, add lukewarm liquid a teaspoon at a time until it looks right.
- If it looks too wet, add flour a tablespoon at a time until it looks right.
- If there is flour in the sides of the pan, use a Silicone Spatula to wipe the flour from the pan.
* Finely ground cornmeal (or Corn flour) will produce a more tender crumb while a medium grind yields a hint of crunch. Optional: You can also mix a little brown sugar, butter, and shredded coconut and spread evenly over the warm cake once it’s out of the oven. Broil until lightly browned, about four minutes (keep an eye on it as it burns easily if left for too long!).
Weather can affect your ingredients If you live in a moist climate, chances are you’ll need at least the recommended amount of flour, maybe even 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup more. Bread dough should be sticky, but still manageable, especially after the first rise. While you’re kneading, the dough should come together and pull away from the sides of the bowl, leaving the bowl mostly clean. I usually aim to have the very bottom of the dough still attached to the bowl. Try not to add too much flour because your bread will be denser. When you pick the dough up, some will stick to your fingers. After the first rise, it will be easier to handle!
You may also make this bread without the aid of a bread machine, or make the dough in a bread machine, and bake it in the oven. Simply make the dough using your usual method (by hand, electric mixer or bread machine); allow it to rise until puffy, then shape it into a log; and place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch (21.5 x 11.5 cm) bread pan. Allow the loaf to rise, covered, until it's crowned about 1 inch over the rim of the pan. If you want, brush the risen loaf with the beaten egg white, and sprinkle it with seeds. Bake it in a preheated 350°F/175°C oven for 35 minutes, or until its interior temperature registers 190°F/88°C on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the bread from the oven, remove it from the pan, and cool it on a wire rack.
How can you tell if the bread is fully baked? I like to use a food thermometer. Mine is digital, so it’s very easy to use. Fully cooked bread will be 190-200°F/88-93°C. Bread recipes that include milk will need to cook until 200°F/93°C, but without you can take it out once it reaches 190°F/88°C. The top will be golden brown.
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Baking Awesome Bread Using a Bread Maker
- Fast2eat Foolproof (Bread maker) Bread Recipes
* “Long-term dietary intake of gluten was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease. However, the avoidance of gluten may result in reduced consumption of beneficial whole grains, which may affect cardiovascular risk. The promotion of gluten-free diets among people without celiac disease should not be encouraged.” (Source: http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j1892)
* Content and images based on Sunbeam CKSBBR9050-033 Bread Maker User Manual Retrieved from https://www.sunbeam.ca/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-sunbeam-ca-Library/default/dw500b4350/documents/instruction-manuals/CKSBBR9050-033.pdf
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.