A hint of sweetness from the Dried Cranberries with the crunchy of the Sliced Almonds and the deep, nutty flavor with a slight crunch of the Poppy Seed will bring this creamy coleslaw lots of flavour.
Coleslaw is always on the bottom rung of most people dish desires. But this has turned out not to be the case, this creamy coleslaw recipe always, gets not just one, but several big, Big, BIG thumbs up from everyone. You’ll have to try it for yourself to believe me.
- 1/4 Green cabbage - chopped
- 1/4 Red cabbage - (optional) chopped
- 2 Carrot - shredded
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise - (light)
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Grainy dijon - (optional)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Paprika - (and/or freshly ground black pepper)
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Onion - small sliced
- Parsley - chopped
- Green onion - (or Chives) chopped
- 1/2 cup Almond extract - sliced
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberry
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- With a Food Processor’s slicing blade (lay the cabbage horizontally in the feed tube). Transfer chopped cabbage into a large Mixing Bowl, fishing out any very large pieces and slicing them thinly by hand.
- With the shredding blade shred the carrot.
- Stir in the shredded carrot.
- Whisk well all Dressing ingredients in a Mixing Bowl.
- Add prepared coleslaw mix and all other add ons ingredients on the dressing and toss toss and chill until ready to serve.
- This one I’ve served with Almeida's Salted Codfish (Bacalhau) Fast2eat Recipe, and a green salad, but it is also delicious with this Herb Smoked Ham Fast2eat Recipe, or barbecue, steak, chicken, or any meat you desire.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!