Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
Crispy fish without the grease – Haddock (or other white fish) is lightly breaded and baked. Parmesan adds a nice flavour.
Fast and easy to prepare, and no frying needed! Oven-baked fish is a perfect alternative to the more caloric fried version.
So much flavour… so easy, healthy and tasty! Ideal for busy weeknights.
It’s a “cheesy” variation from this “lemony” Oven-Baked Lemon Fish Fillets Fast2eat.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
Crispy oven-baked/air-fried fish fillets Fast2eat
- 10 Fish fillet - Haddock or Fresh Cod, Tilapia, Bass or any other white fish fillets
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic - optional
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- 1 tbsp Hondashi - optional * Bonito Soup Stock
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil - or Cooking spray
To Garnish (optional)
- 1 Lemon juice - sliced
- Rosemary - Sprigs
- Note: If using frozen fish fillets, defrost them first.
- Season fish fillets with lemon juice, minced garlic, HonDashi (optional), salt and pepper on both sides.1 tbsp Lemon juice, 1 tbsp Garlic, Salt, Black pepper, 1 tbsp Hondashi, 10 Fish fillet
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with milk, salt, and pepper.1 Egg, 1/2 cup Milk, 1 tsp Salt, Black pepper
- In a separate container, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and herbs (but the rosemary Sprig).
Working one at a time, bread the fish
- Dip the fish fillets in the milk mix, then press into the crumb mixture to coat.
Preparing in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 450 F (230 C).
- Lightly oil a Shallow Baking Pan with olive oil or cooking spray. Or use parchment paper.
- Place fish fillets in the baking pan, and drizzle with olive oil or spray the fillets with cooking spray so that they would crisp nicely.
- To add some flavour, arrange lemon slices and rosemary sprigs on top. They make this fish dish look so impressive!
- Bake (uncovered) on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15-40 minutes (depending on thickness).
- When it’s done baking, if you like, sprinkle some more fresh herbs all over the fish to make it even more yummy and mouthwatering!
Preparing in the air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer at 200°C/400°F for 3 min.
- Note: This means that the temperature and airflows will be at the right level when you cook the fish. If you don’t preheat, it can cook your food unevenly.
- Spray basket with oil.
- In batches, place fish in a single layer in the basket, leaving a little space between them in the air fryer's basket.
- Repeat with all the pieces.
- Note: For quick and even cooking, make sure you air fry the fish in a single layer and avoid overcrowding the air fryer.
- Cook at 200°C/400°F for 10 to 12 minutes, gently flipping halfway through, or until fish is golden and flakes easily with a fork.
- Note: Ensure you turn the fish over after 5-6 minutes of air frying to ensure they cook and brown evenly.
- You might need to adjust the cooking times depending on the fish's kind and thickness. Fish is ready when it’s easily flaked with a fork and has an internal temperature of 62°C/145°F.
- Be careful not to cook it for too much longer! You don’t want it to lose its crispiness and juiciness.
- Important: Every Air Fryer is different, so you might have to add or remove it a few minutes depending on the air fryer model you’re using. Play around with it and see what works for your air fryer.
Garnish (optional) and serve
- Serve the baked fish with a side salad, white or Broccoli rice, mashed or baked potatoes, sauteed or spinach soufflé, asparagus, or some fresh vegetables for a healthy meal any time.
To properly prepare your recipe, you may need to use the conversion tables to accurately convert the weight, volume, length, and temperature of all the necessary ingredients. These Fast2eat conversion tables will allow you to ensure that your recipe turns out perfectly and that all measurements are precise and accurate.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made using these links don’t cost any extra and provide Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.