Are you looking for a quick tasty appetizer to make for a party? Something with ingredients you probably already have at home?
This egg, onion and green olives dip is so speedy fast you will have time for makeup and hair before the party!
Your guest will rave about this easy-to-prepare dish. Try it and make a change from your usual store-bought dips – you will not be disappointed. Your guests will really like their toasts or pieces of bread covered with a zesty egg, onion and olive mixture.
The powerful and omnipresent onions, pungent salty olives cut through the richness of the mayonnaise that binds the eggs together in this take on the classic egg dip. Those ingredients ended up perfectly complimenting the other, what a great pairing!
If you love eggs as much as I do, you may also like this recipe.
This recipe has been adapted from Regina’s Remolado which everybody also loves.
As I don’t like olives, I take half of the recipe without olives, just before I incorporate the olives. It’s delicious and it is also a great dip base to throw in additional ingredients if you would like to use them, although I usually make up this basic version (with and without olives).
- 1 Onion - (small chopped)
- 6 Egg - (hard boiled chopped)
- 1.5 cup Mayonnaise - (fat free)
- Oregano - (optional to taste)
- Chives - (or green onions, optional to taste)
- Basil - (optional to taste)
- Dijon mustard - (optional to taste)
- Paprika - (optional to taste)
- Black pepper - (ground, optional to taste)
- 1.5 cup Green olives - (pimento stuffed chopped)
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with room temperature water. Bring water to a boil and and let eggs stand in boiling hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Using a food processor, process the onions, then add the eggs, mayonnaise, and any herbs and/or spices you may like. And process again. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- As I don’t like olives I Usually take half without them. It’s also delicious and I have some friends who also don’t like.
- Add olives and process another few seconds.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Transfer to a small bowl and sprinkle with green onions (or chives) or paprika, if you like.
- Serve cold with a side of toasts, soft rolls, bread, salty chips or crackers, with additional olives on top, if desired.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!