Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
If you’ve been craving steak. This fancy exquisite Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) steak with Brie is incredibly simple and will take you 10 minutes. You don’t have to pay the high restaurant prices and it’s just as delicious. Preparing gourmet fancy food doesn’t have to be complicated or even time consuming.
Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) becomes even better when topped with Brie. The melted Brie turns into a luscious sauce that adds richness to the lean filet.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
exquisite Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) steak with Brie dish in less time than it takes to order a pizza. The brie melts all over the top of the steak giving it a creamy sauce that’s simply divine.
- 2 Beef tenderloin - fillet mignon – steaks 2-3cm/1” thick
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - freshly ground to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Onion - chopped - optional
- Rosemary - sprig fresh or herbes de Provence or tarragon and parsley
- 4 slices Brie
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature.(*)
- Make sure to trim any connective tissue or large pieces of fat from the edges of your steaks—it should pull off easily, but you can use a sharp knife.
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper both sides - set aside.
- Cut Brie. Same thing as your meat, take it from the fridge to come to room temperature so it’s that extra bit creamier.
- Place a skillet, large enough to comfortably fit 2 steaks, on medium high heat until it’s very hot.
- Place butter and oil in skillet.
- If using, add onions and cook until it reduces the volume but does not change colour. Or you can slice the onions (instead of chop) and fry the onions afterwards and serve as a side.
- If not using the onions, double the amount of butter and constantly drizzle butter on steaks with a spoon.
- Add the steaks and give them a firm press into the skillet to make sure the whole surface of the steak is in contact with the skillet. Leave these undisturbed until they’ve cooked 1/3 of the way up the sides.
- 3-5 minutes each side for rare-medium rare or until cooked as desired. Cooking time dependent on how thick and cold the steaks are plus how done you prefer your steaks. You can adjust cooking times to your preferred doneness. Use a quick read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. It is the safest way to know that the steak is cooked to your desired doneness. (**)
- Flip the steaks over and immediately place a slice of Brie on top of each steak. Let the steaks cook until they reach your desired internal temperature (**)
- Remove steaks from skillet and leave to rest for a further 5 minutes. Rest your meat is one of the most important steps in cooking red meat. (***)
|Steak doneness||Internal temperature (subtract 4 F (2 C) from a target temperature to calculate your pull temperature)||Center Colour and touch||Average cooking time in total (flip halfway through)|
|Rare||120-130 F (50-55 C)||Cool red center (Seared on the outside showing bright red color center. Center is slightly cool, soft to the touch, much like the raw meat)||6-8 minutes|
|Medium Rare||130-140 F (55-60 C)||Warm red center (Seared on the outside with the center showing a red color, slightly firmer than rare, firm surface should give a bit toward the middle (it will spring back quickly))||10 minutes|
|Medium||140-150 F (60-65 C)||Warm pink center (Firm to the touch with light pink center)||12 minutes|
|Medium Well||150-160 F (65-70 C)||Slightly pink center (a hint of pink in the very middle, very stiff but still have a little squishy in the center)||14 minutes|
|Well Done||160-170 F (70-77 C)||No pink, firmer meat (there is not the faintest hint of pink in the middle, it should be browned through, not burnt through and solid to the touch)||16 minutes|
VariationsAdd mushrooms (50-100 gram/2-4 ounces) and wine (2 tbsp dry white wine):
- After cook the steak, sauté the mushrooms until they have wilted and are starting to brown.
- Add the wine. The wine deglazes the pan, releasing all the beef flavour caramelized to the bottom of the pan.
- Then reduces it down, let the mixture boil until all of the liquid is gone, coating each mushroom in a tangy flavourful glaze that will balance the rich creamy cheese underneath.
- Cover each steak with the mushroom mixture and serve immediately.
- The time it takes for you to prepare the mushrooms gives the steak just enough time to rest, allowing the meat fibres to relax and reabsorb its juices so that they don’t run all over your plate when you cut into it.
All about Brie
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Join us for free by following us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.