This deliciously seasoned, pan-fried Yellowfin tuna fillets make the perfect weeknight meal. Finished in a rich and creamy Dijon sauce, you won’t believe how easy, fast and simple this recipe is.
Pan-seared Yellowfin tuna fillets are utterly delicious on its own, but when you add a bright sauce like this, it takes it to a whole new level!
Tender fish fillets smothered in a mouth-watering creamy Dijon sauce is such a flavorful, elegant dish that anyone can pull off. It comes together so quickly, yet it’s sure to impress anyone. Everyone loves this one!
- 3 Yellowfin tuna fillets - 150 g/5.29 oz each - or salmon or any firm fish fillets
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup White wine - dry
- ¾ cup Water - hot
- 1 tbsp Hondashi - Bonito Fish Soup Stock
- 1/2 cup Cream - fat-free evaporated milk, half and half cream, thick cream, whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Parsley - fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp Dill - fresh chopped
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Season fish with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Make sure your pan is hot.
- Cook fish for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate, leaving oil in the skillet for the sauce.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Leave the juices in the pan after searing your fish…that’s where all of the flavours are!
- Melt butter in the pan in those juices and cook your garlic only about one minute to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add flour. (2 tablespoon if using evaporated milk, half and half cream or use just 1 tablespoon if using thick cream, whipping cream, heavy cream).
- Cook, stirring, or about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in wine until smooth.
- Whisk Hondashi mixed in hot water. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cream. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in Dijon, parsley and dill (or your favourite herbs such as basil, oregano, chives or thyme) and cook until sauce has thickened.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- If desired, garnish with lemon wedges, to serve.
- Steamed vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, potatoes, asparagus, green beans or spinach, cauliflower or Brussels sprouts.
- Mashed Potatoes, Rice or pasta.
- A green salad or grain salad.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Read bread-making further information in my book:
Hungry for more? A new post and recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here, but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe, please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down, and you will find the comment form.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.