This is an authentic Brazilian ground beef recipe.
Among everything, we must learn how to make in order to survive it is the ground beef! It’s fast, not expensive, and very, very easy to make. It’s the basics of basics in the kitchen.
And who says ground beef has to be boring? Not sure what to make with ground beef? It’s delicious to eat with:
Yuca (Cassava/manioc) Savoury Pie Fast2eat (as a filling or topping)
Bolognese Sauce Fast2eat (just add Tomato sauce Fast2eat) and use to make a Bolognese Lasagna on any other Pasta…
As a filling of the Brazilian Blender Pie Fast2eat or Shepherd’s Pie.
As a topping of the 15 minutes Baked Potato Fast2eat.
Or just covered with cream cheese (or any cheese) in a casserole.
What else do you suggest?
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion - large diced
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic - or 3 minced cloves
- 1 Kg Ground beef
- ¼ cup Tomato sauce - or 1 Tomato diced peeled and without seeds
- 2 tsp Beef stock mix
- Paprika - optional to taste
- Green onions - optional to taste
- Thyme - dried - optional to taste
- Oregano - dried - optional to taste
- Parsley - dried - optional to taste
- Basil - dried - optional to taste
- Salt - optional to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn - canned, drained - optional
- Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the ground meat and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until meat crumbles and no longer pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until meat is browned and most of the juice has evaporated. Use the seasonings you like the most, the important thing is to always taste and understand what was the difference that each seasoning made in the flavor
- Taste and add salt if desired. The ground beef has lots of water while you cook it, and you should consider that this water will dry and the flavor of the seasoning will become more pronounced. So wait to taste until all the water has evaporated.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!