Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
It’s the simplest way to prepare a white fish fillet (such as Fresh Cod, Haddock, Tilapia or Bass). So much flavour… so easy, healthy and tasty! Ideal for busy weeknights.
Fast and easy to prepare, and no frying is needed! Oven-baked fish (or air-fried) is a perfect alternative to the more caloric fried version.
Baking is easier than frying, as you don’t need to stand at the stove and actively cook it. You just put the fish in the oven and take it out when it’s ready – so easy! You can multitask while the fish is baking – for example, make the salad!
It’s a “lemony” variation from this “cheesy” Crispy Oven-Baked Fish Fillets Fast2eat.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
Oven-Baked Lemon Fish Fillets Fast2eat
- 4 Fish fillet - such as Fresh Cod or Haddock or Tilapia or Bass or any other white fish fillets
- 5 tbsp Lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Butter - melted or Margarine
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp Hondashi - *
- Cilantro - also known as coriander (fresh leaves chopped or dried)
- Parsley - Fresh
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C). I prefer to use the Countertop Oven than the big stove one. It’s time and energy saver.
- In a small container, mix lemon juice, Margarine (or melted butter), Garlic, Hondashi, Parsley and Coriander.
- In a separate container, mix flour, salt and paprika
- Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides.
Preparing in the oven
- Transfer the prepped fish to the parchment-covered baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake (uncovered) until fish begins to flake easily with a fork, about 15 minutes (or more depending on thickness). If need, broil for about 60 seconds to get a little bit of a golden crust.
- When it’s done baking, if you like, garnish with parsley and lemon zest or any other fresh herbs all over the fish to make it even more yummy and mouthwatering!
Preparing in the air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer at 200°C/400°F for 3 min.
- Note: This means that the temperature and airflows will be at the right level when you cook the fish. If you don’t preheat, it can cook your food unevenly.
- Spray basket with oil.
- In batches, place fish in a single layer in the basket, leaving a little space between them in the air fryer's basket.
- Repeat with all the pieces.
- Note: For quick and even cooking, make sure you air fry the fish in a single layer and avoid overcrowding the air fryer.
- Cook at 200°C/400°F for 10 to 12 minutes, gently flipping halfway through, or until fish is golden and flakes easily with a fork.
- Note: Ensure you turn the fish over after 5-6 minutes of air frying to ensure they cook and brown evenly.
- You might need to adjust the cooking times depending on the fish's kind and thickness. Fish is ready when it’s easily flaked with a fork and has an internal temperature of 62°C/145°F.
- Be careful not to cook it for too much longer! You don’t want it to lose its crispiness and juiciness.
- Important: Every Air Fryer is different, so you might have to add or remove it a few minutes depending on the air fryer model you’re using. Play around with it and see what works for your air fryer.
Garnish (optional) and serve
- Serve the baked fish with a side salad, white or Broccoli rice, mashed or baked potatoes, sauteed or spinach soufflé, asparagus, or some fresh vegetables for a healthy meal any time.
To properly prepare your recipe, you may need to use the conversion tables to accurately convert the weight, volume, length, and temperature of all the necessary ingredients. These Fast2eat conversion tables will allow you to ensure that your recipe turns out perfectly and that all measurements are precise and accurate.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made using these links don’t cost any extra and provide Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Check out “Bread Machine Foolproof Recipes” and “Bread Machine Tips and Tricks” on Amazon!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.