Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This lime trifle (Brazilian pavê de limão) is a dessert filled with creamy, irresistible citrus deliciousness. The contrast between the tanginess of the lime juice and the sweetness of the condensed milk in the filling makes this creamy dessert and aromatically delicious – an all-time favourite.
The lime cream is actually a mousse. It only requires a few ingredients and is so simple and easy to make. A perfect foolproof dessert for any occasion. Your guests will think you laboured over it all day.
Plus, this stunning trifle should be made and assembled in advance and thoroughly chilled to allow the flavours to become even more robust. So it is great for serving at a party as it can be made ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You will appreciate the ease and simplicity of making this beautiful, delicious, gently fruity, refreshing dessert.
What is pavê?
Pavê is a Brazilian creamy dessert. It is a kind of trifle made in three or four layers of different textures and usually mixes cookies (or cake), cream (custard or mousse), and sometimes fruit (or chocolate or dulce de leche). The assembled dessert can be optionally topped with whipped cream. It is very popular in Brazil.
What is a trifle?
A trifle is an easy layered dessert. There is usually a cake of some type. In between the cake layers, you can have pudding, whipped cream, candy, fruit, custard or mousse. The possibilities are really endless!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 400 g Cookies - Maria or graham crackers, or ladyfingers or milk tea biscuits
Mousse – lime filling
- 2 cup Whipping cream - 35% heavy cream
- 2 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 100 ml Lime juice - or lemon juice - strained - approximately 4 limes
- Lime zest - or twist from 2 limes
- 2 cups Whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar
For garnish (optional)
- Lime zest - or twist
Mousse – lime filling
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk or an electric mixer, beat whipping cream.
- Combine the condensed milk with lime juice in a small bowl, and then mix well with the whipped cream. Note: Be sure to use CONDENSED, not EVAPORATED milk and combine the juice thoroughly. The filling will noticeably thicken as the acidic juice reacts with the milk. And please use fresh, not bottled, juice.
- Stir in lime zest, mixing until completely combined.
- The mixture should be nice, thick, and creamy.
- Add heavy whipping cream and the sugar to a standalone mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whip on high until peaks begin to form.
To Assemble the layers
- Place the cookies in the bottom of a rectangular (23 x 33cm /9×13-inch) glass baking dish. You may need to break a few into pieces to fit them in the dish.
- On top of the cookies, add the lime mousse.
- Repeat adding the cookies and mousse making the layers. Mine was 4 layers of cookies and 4 layers of mousse.
- Finish it with whipped cream.
- Place in the fridge overnight or at least 2 hours before serving.
For garnish (optional)
- Garnish with Lime zest or twist.
Make aheadI would recommend at least two hours, so it firms up, but you can easily make this a day or two ahead.
StoringStore in the fridge for up to 5 days. Do not freeze it.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.