Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
A super duper easy appetizer that doesn’t disappoint in the flavour department.
So easy to make. So very, very tasty to eat.
Try these unique little cups as an appetizer before a special meal, or save them for a surprisingly different dinner finale. They’re sweet & savoury, creamy and crunchy—and very addictive!
They’re soooo simple. It’s also soooo yummy and perfect for a quick last minute appetizer.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
For the Phyllo
- Olive oil - extra virgin or melted butter
- 5 sheets Phyllo pastry - properly thawed - or 1 sheet puff pastry or 24 mini fillo (phyllo shells)
For the Filling
- 200- 250 g Brie - cut in small squares
- ¼-1/2 cup Jam - (of your choice: apricot, fig, cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, cranberry-jalapeño, pepper…)
- ¼ cup Pecans - finely chopped or walnuts or any other favorite nut, optional
- If your Phyllo pastry was in the freezer, take it out in time for it to defrost. See notes for best results.
Prepare the Phyllo (skip this if using mini fillo (phyllo) shells)
- Carefully remove the phyllo roll from the plastic sleeve. Unroll the phyllo sheets and place them between two very lightly damp kitchen cloths.
- Layer about 5 sheets of phyllo making sure to brush each sheet with olive oil.
- Most packages come in 12- x 18-inch sheets when opened fully. Using scissors or sharp knife or pizza wheel cut the sheets in 3- x 3-inch (24 squares - (four strips one way, six strips the other way)).
Prepare the brie
- If it is too creamy, Place Brie cheese in the freezer for 20 minutes*.
- Cut the brie into 24 cubes (about 1/2″). If you're working with the rounded edge of a wheel of cheese, combine two smaller pieces, if needed. Don’t worry about the rind. It’s totally edible and once it’s baked, you won’t even know the difference.
- Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Press one square lightly into each muffin cup creating a small basket for the brie and jam or place mini shells on a baking sheet.
- Place one small piece of brie in each mini-shell.
- Top each brie filled mini shell with dollop of jam (about 1/2 teaspoon or more if you prefer). Lightly warm the jam if it is too thick to drizzle in evenly. I usually go with Apricot but strawberry, raspberry, cranberry or cranberry-jalapeño and fig are so good too. You could even mix and match to suit everyone’s taste! Feel free to customize your Brie Bites as needed.
- Optional: Top each bit with a sprinkle of finely chopped pecans. Sometimes I leave a few bites without nuts, in case guests have an allergy or they just aren’t particularly fond of nuts.
- Pop them in pre heated oven for 7 minutes or until brie has melted and they’re golden brown.
- Be careful to keep an eye on it so shells don’t burn.
- Serve immediately (these are divine warm but we love them at room temperature too).
- This is no problem, though, just watch them disappear in no time!
- The dough must be thawed properly; too much moisture will make the dough or sheets sticky and hard to manage. When thawing, do not remove the phyllo (fillo) from the package, place it in the fridge 12-14 hours before using.
- Before you begin, unroll the thawed phyllo (fillo) sheets and place them carefully between two ever-so-slightly damp kitchen cloths. This helps the sheets remain lenient so they won’t tear too much.
- Phyllo (fillo) sheets will tear, and that’s perfectly fine.
- Do not skimp on the butter or oil (I use quality virgin olive oil here instead to keep it light), but do not overdo it either. You need to brush each of the layers with a little olive oil.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
exquisite Filet mignon (Beef tenderloin) steak with Brie dish in less time than it takes to order a pizza. The brie melts all over the top of the steak giving it a creamy sauce that’s simply divine.
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.