This easy moist Quick apple buttery crumb cake is a perfect way to use apple! For a breakfast/brunch treat, afternoon coffee or after dinner sweet.
This simple and practical recipe is made with a crumbled batter made with a mixture of flour, butter and sugar. Just mix up the batter with a spoon, fill it with sliced apples, top with the sugary cinnamon mix, and pop it in the oven. You’ll be eating apple cake in less than an hour after you’ve pulled out the ingredients. My mom used to make it every time one of her grandchildren arrived at her home.
No need to let the cake cool, so just cut fat slices while it is still warm and fragrant.
You can always serve hot with a scoop of ice cream.
It can be done with the fruit of your choice, in my opinion it is better with banana or apple.
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter - or margarine – about 200g/7oz
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2-3 Apple - sliced
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a small pan or a glass casserole dish.
- Mix together all batter ingredients until well combined (you can also use a food processor or just with a spoon in a bowl). It might look separated, like a Crumb.
- Slice the Apples and add lemon juice asap to avoid getting dark.
- Arrange the layers: Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan; gently press the crumbs into the pan to help stick, and then layer with half of the sliced Apples. Pour the remaining batter on top followed by the rest of the Apples.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon until well combined and sprinkle them on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, with a few moist.
- Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. It’s also delicious with ice cream.
- Cake will keep for 3 days in a covered container.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!