Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This Shrimp and Brussels Sprout is a quick and easy dinner. Honey, garlic, and sesame oil make this a flavourful dinner you can make in about 20 minutes!
This is one of my favourite weeknight dinners because it is so fast, healthy, and delicious.
It is a great meal that you make in a snap but savours slowly.
I love Asian-inspired dishes like this – sesame oil, honey, soy, rice vinegar are usual suspects in my stir-fries.
Even if you are on the fence about Brussels sprouts, you should totally give it a try! The flavours are fresh, sweet, and wonderfully savoury.
Serve over a bed of quinoa or rice as a side.
Check out my article with the Smart tips you should know when cooking shrimp for a perfect shrimp every time.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce - low sodium
- 1 tsp Ginger - powder or 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 500 g Shrimp - peeled and deveined
Sautée Brussels Sprout
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced or thinly sliced
- 500 g Brussels sprouts - trimmed and shredded
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic - minced or thinly sliced
- Ladyfinger pepper - sliced without seeds or 1 small green chilli, such as Thai, thinly sliced
- 3 Green onion - white part thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 Green onion - green part thinly sliced
- Garlic - fried – optional
- Lime juice - wedges - optional for serving
- Sesame seeds - toasted – optional
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Wash, peel and devein the shrimp.
- Whisk together honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to combine. Cover and let the shrimp marinate while you start cutting and cooking the brussels sprouts.
Sautée Brussels Sprout
- Wash brussels sprouts and, with a sharp knife, trim stems and shred them.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Sautée brussels sprouts, occasionally stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey, season with salt and pepper, and toss for about 1-2 minutes to combine until the edges begin to be slightly brown.
- Transfer to a separate platter.
- Add vegetable oil to the wok or large skillet and return to heat.
- Add garlic, Ladyfinger or chilli pepper, and scallion whites and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Drain the shrimp, then add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sauté until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
Garnish to serve
- Add to the platter, drizzle with sesame oil, top with green onions (green part), and toss.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fried garlic and lime wedges if desired.
Reduce the marinated (optional)
- Bring marinated leftover to the pan and reduce a bit for a delicious glaze.
- Cover with the remaining marinade/glaze mixture.
- Serve hot.
- They thaw out quickly – no need to remember to pull them out of the freezer well in advance.
- They cook quickly - They usually take about 5 minutes to cook but cooking time will vary depending on the size you use, so keep a close eye on them.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.