Welcome to Fast2eat!
Ready to Get Cooking?
If you're looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, you’re in the right place.
Slow-roasting tomatoes bring out such sweet, intense flavour. You get almost all the concentrated flavour of sun-dried tomatoes without the drying.
Mixed with tons of garlic, oregano, and fresh basil, I don’t know how it works, but it tastes like heaven in your mouth. After roasting, they take on an intensely deep flavour and can be used in many ways. It’s perfect for eating with toast, bread, crackers, salads, pasta, goat cheese, and bocconcini. You name it.
My mom has made it since I was a child, and everyone loves it.
Here are other mouth-watering Tomato Recipes you should also make (and eat):
Slow-Roasted Tomatoes Fast2eat
- 10 Tomato - Roma or any good, ripe tomato - 10 is about 1kg/2 lbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced - or more to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive oil - extra virgin - or more to taste
- Basil - thinly sliced or chopped - to taste
- Oregano - to taste
- Sage - to taste
- 1 Bay leaf - or more to taste
- Black pepper - optional to taste
- Wash all whole tomatoes thoroughly under clean, running water.
- Cut the tomatoes half through the equator (not the stem).
- Remove the seeds and gelatinous pulp.
- Cut each half in 4.
- Place tomato pieces into a Strainer and toss with salt and sugar to drain off the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Put the tomatoes onto a large-rimmed Baking Sheet.
- Toss in all other ingredients. Stir until well-coated. Note: If desired, add other fresh hardy herbs, such as thyme, savoury, sage, and rosemary.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Using a Spatula, stir the tomatoes and roast them for more than 30 minutes. Continue stirring the tomatoes and roasting them for extra 30 minutes until the tomatoes are softened but not falling apart.
- Turn off the oven and let it cool.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Remove the bay leaf and set aside.
- To store, place in clean Airtight Containers.
- Eat with toast, bread, crackers, salads, pasta, goat cheese, and bocconcini or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
To properly prepare your recipe, you may need to use the conversion tables to accurately convert the weight, volume, length, and temperature of all the necessary ingredients. These Fast2eat conversion tables will allow you to ensure that your recipe turns out perfectly and that all measurements are precise and accurate.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made using these links don’t cost any extra and provide Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Are you looking for the best way to share your recipes?
Then you should become a Fast2eat collaborator!
Fast2eat will love to feature you!
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Join us for free!
Got a question or feedback?
Please comment below! That way, other readers can see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media if you prominently link to the original post. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe, please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe. All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected.