Slow-roasting tomatoes bring out such sweet, intense flavour. You get almost all of the concentrated flavour of sun-dried tomatoes but without the drying.
Mixed with tons of garlic, oregano, and fresh basil, I don’t know how it works… but it tastes like heaven in your mouth. They take on an intensely deep flavour after roasting and can be used in many different ways. It’s perfect to eat with toast, bread, crackers, salads, pasta, goat cheese, bocconcini… you name it.
My mom makes it since I was a child and everyone loves it.
Here are other mouth-watering Tomato Recipes you should also make (and eat):
- 10 Tomato - Roma or any good, ripe tomato - 10 is about 1kg/2 lbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil - extra virgin
- Basil - thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pepper - optional
- Wash all whole tomatoes thoroughly under clean, running water.
- Cut the tomatoes in half through the equator (not through the stem).
- Remove the seeds and gelatinous pulp.
- Cut each half in 4.
- Place tomato pieces into a Strainer and toss with salt and sugar to drain off liquid.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Put the tomatoes onto a large rimmed Baking Sheet.
- Toss in all other ingredients. Stir until well-coated.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Using a Spatula, stir the tomatoes and roast for more 30 minutes until tomatoes are softened but not falling apart.
- Turn off the oven and let cool.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Remove Bay leaf and set aside.
- To store, place in clean Airtight Containers.
- Eat with toast, breads, crackers, salads, pasta, goat cheese, bocconcini or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to a couple of months.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!