Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
Smoked Salmon Platter is a great dish for breakfast, brunch, a light lunch or dinner paired with a salad (more leafy greens), or as an easy appetizer for a get-together on small slices of toasted bread, such as from a baguette, and/or an assortment of crackers.
You can also serve along with this Zingy horseradish (or Wasabi) & Dill Cream Cheese Spread Fast2eat. The combination of these ingredients is just delightful.
This gourmet treat requires little effort, but it makes a big impression. What could be easier? Most grocery stores sell pre-sliced smoked salmon, which makes this recipe a snap.
If you’ve not had this smoked salmon starter recipe before, then you’ve been missing out. It’s absolutely delicious. It’s a really classic way to serve this lovely fish and gives your family or friends (whoever is lucky enough to be the recipient of your cooking) a super easy and elegant appetizer. I am sure that there will be nothing left at the end of the evening or brunch.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 500 g Salmon - sliced - Norwegian smoked salmon, or smoked wild Alaskan salmon or sliced cured or lox or gravlax
- 1 Red onion - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Capers - rinsed and drained
- 2 Lemon juice - thinly sliced or cut each one into 8 wedges
- Dill - Fresh chopped, plus dill sprigs for garnish - optional to taste
- Black pepper - Freshly ground optional to taste
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Scald the thinly sliced onion twice. Just throw boiled water on it, drain, rinse with cold water, drain and repeat the process. Or leave the sliced onion soaked in salt ice water for at least 30 minutes. This will give it a smoother flavour and reduces their bitterness and pungency.
- Be sure to get high quality, sliced smoked salmon.
- Artfully arrange the smoked salmon slices along on a large serving platter.
- Spread the red onion slices over the smoked salmon slices.
- Scatter the capers over the top of the platter.
- If using, place a small bunch of dill at the top and sprinkle with the pepper.
- Arrange the lemon slices around the platter.
- Serve salmon platter with crackers and/or bread.
- Zingy horseradish (or Wasabi) & Dill Cream Cheese Spread Fast2eat
- thinly sliced English cucumber
- thinly sliced radishes
- sliced cherry tomatoes
- hard-boiled eggs*, peeled and sliced
- wild salmon roe (caviar) or egg fish
- cooked and sliced baby purple, red and/or yellow potatoes
- bagels – with poppy seed are also nice
- plain cream cheese
- mini potato rosti's
- sliced avocados
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.