Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This is one of the best spinach dishes I’ve tasted. This super easy creamy spinach soufflé is a treasured recipe from my childhood. Actually, it was my childhood favorite. My mom’s version was made with eggs (egg yolks and beaten egg whites to give volume), but I’ve updated the recipe to make it faster and easier.
Surprisingly, my vegetable-avoiding son loves this spinach soufflé. This one and this Carrot soufflé are the only veggies that he eats. I have a feeling this spinach soufflé will become one of your family favorites, too.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 1 tbsp Oil - or butter or margarine
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt - to taste
- 250 g Spinach - 1/2 lb - chopped
- 3 cups Béchamel sauce - for a thicker cream, I add more 2 tbsp all-purpose flour to this Béchamel sauce recipe
- Basil - optional to taste
- Oregano - optional to taste
- Parsley - optional to taste
- Paprika - optional to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese - grated
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC).
- Make a thicker Béchamel adding 2 more tbsp All-purpose flour to this Béchamel sauce recipe and set aside.
- In a medium pot, warm oil (or butter/margarine) over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté, stirring, until soft and fragrant, but not golden.
- Add chopped Spinach (for my mom’s original recipe, see step 1), reduce heat to low, cover and cook, occasionally stirring until wilted.
- Add Béchamel) to the cooked spinach, stir until completely blended. For my mom’s original recipe, add step 2.
- Pour into a baking dish. For my mom’s original recipe, see step 3.
- If you are in a hurry, just add the Parmesan cheese, and it’s ready to serve. You don’t have to bake it, but it is delicious with the golden-brown Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Top with some grated Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Before everything, fill a bowl with ice and water; set aside. Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan; fill with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, and add the spinach. Cover and steam until wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain, and plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking. Let cool, and squeeze out excess water. Place the spinach in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped; set aside. You should have about 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 egg yolks until blended. Whisk in a little white sauce to temper the eggs, then add the remaining sauce, whisking until combined.
- Once the creamed spinach mixture has cooled, fold the mixture into the prepared egg whites: Place the 2 egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low until soft peaks begin to form. Increase speed to high; beat until stiff peaks form and egg whites are smooth. Transfer 1/2 of egg whites to spinach mixture; gently fold in until blended. Add spinach mixture to remaining egg whites; gently fold in until combined. Pour into the baking dish.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.