Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
If you have ever been to Texas Roadhouse and tried their soft and fluffy bread rolls for yourself, you know why everyone goes crazy for their heartwarming taste. If you haven’t, then it’s about time to recreate those flavours at home.
The best delicious, soft, and fluffy homemade dinner rolls that melt in your mouth and taste just like Texas Roadhouse Rolls! They are an incredible addition to any meal.
Honey infuses a very mild sweet taste in the dough, making those rolls different in taste. When freshly baked, these rolls taste heavenly.
These are light, fluffy, and they have the right amount of sweetness to make them nothing short of amazing. And making them at home is easier than you think. And taste just as if you were sitting in the Texas Roadhouse restaurant.
The bread is nearly as good as the main event at some restaurants. If everyone is truly honest with themselves, they would all admit they go to Texas Roadhouse for the rolls. The Texas Roadhouse is known for its yeast rolls – The best rolls out there!
These rolls make the perfect pre-meal appetizer. An ideal side dish idea for holidays and family dinners! You can serve them with all the entrees; they suit all types of cuisine.
These rolls are a suitable replacement for ordinary bread. Top them with peanut butter and jelly or just about any delicious cheese. Or you can even enjoy these rolls on their own with butter with your morning breakfast!
Watch these rolls disappear as soon as they hit the table!
This Texas Roadhouse rolls copycat recipe can be made in a bread machine or by hand! Incredibly simple and even easier to shape, a beginner baker can master this and wow families and friends. The hardest part will be waiting for them to rise and bake!
Now, you can enjoy a fresh, warm batch at home, anytime you please.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 1 1/4 cups Milk - 80-90°F/26-32°C
- 3 tbsp Butter - room temperature
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg - room temperature
- 4 cups Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1-2 tbsp Butter - melted
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
Using the dough setting and hand shaping
- Place all ingredients for the dough in a bread machine in the order listed above (or specified for your bread maker).
- Use the dough setting.
- Check the dough consistency during the kneading cycle. If needed, add more flour or liquid.
- Prepare baking sheets. Line with parchment paper or grease bottom and sides well and set aside.
- When dough setting finishes, remove dough.
- Remove dough from the bread machine and divide the dough into two balls.
- Fold the dough according to instructions and let it rise.
- Before shaping the loaves, let it rise for about 30 minutes to 1 hour or until about doubled in size, in a lightly greased bowl covered. Resting allows the gluten to relax and makes handling easier.
Shaping the dough
- Spray 2 large bowls with cooking spray and drop the dough balls inside. Cover the bowls (plastic wrap or a damp cloth works) and let it rise for an hour in a warm (25-30°C/80-85°F) place.
- Roll each ball out on a silicone mat (or flat, floured surface) until it’s about 13mm/½ inch thick. Fold it in half and gently seal.
- Cut into 16 even size squares and place each 16 on two cookie sheets with parchment paper (or lightly greased).
- Note: use a pizza cutter for quick, easy cutting without tearing the dough, which a knife would do.
- Keep all the rolls with about a 5cm/2” distance between them.
- Cover them and let them rise for 40-50 minutes at a warm place (25-30°C/80-85°F) until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180-190°C/350-375°F and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through.
- Brush the top of the freshly baked rolls with melted butter.
- Remove immediately from pans and let cool on a rack for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Leaving them on the pan to cool could result in a soggy bottom crust.
- Serve warm and fresh with Copycat Texas Roadhouse cinnamon honey Butter.
Prepare dough and refrigerate overnightPrepare rolls, let them rise twice, cover with plastic food wrap, and refrigerate overnight until ready to bake. Remove from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Then bake as outlined.
Bake and ReheatBake for no more than 12 minutes before the tops start to brown too much. Do NOT top them with the melted butter yet. Let them come to room temperature and store them in an airtight container. When ready to serve, bake for a few minutes at 180°C/350°F until the tops are golden brown. Top with melted butter and serve!
Freeze unbaked rollsFreeze unbaked rolls for up to 1 month. Arrange on a baking sheet and cover them. Let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as instructed.
LeftoversIf you have any leftovers (doubtful, but it happens sometimes), you can store thoroughly cooled rolls is in an airtight container or plastic bag or wrapped in foil on the counter at room temperature for about 3-5 days. Cooling them first is essential, so you don’t trap them in excess condensation.
I do NOT suggest storing them in the refrigerator. The refrigerator tends to dry the bread out and become stale faster than at room temperature. So, the counter or a breadbox works best for storage. Keep freshly baked rolls in a cool, dry area. Freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 6 months. They can be thawed right on the counter when ready to eat.
Recipe VariationsYou can customize the flavour of these rolls by adding some other ingredients, like sesame seeds, or the butter brushed on top of the rolls can be infused with garlic flavour or cinnamon honey.
- For the sesame seeds, brush the dough with a white egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds before baking.
- Add egg (or yolk) wash before baking for a golden-brown colour.
- Melt the butter in a skillet first and add 2-3 garlic cloves for the garlicky butter. Sauté these cloves for 3 minutes until garlic turns golden brown. Then remove the garlic from the butter and allow it to cool down. Now use this butter to brush your freshly baked Texas rolls.
- And the cinnamon honey butter is just what these roadhouse rolls love! Spread this butter over the top a warm Texas roll, and you have the MOST fantastic combination ever!
Cinnamon honey butterIf you’ve been to Texas Roadhouse, you probably won’t be able to tell the difference between their delicious honey & cinnamon butter and this. If you’ve never been there, you have to try this. The sweet cinnamon/honey/butter combo is to die. It tastes perfectly with various bread, rolls, muffins, pancakes, toast, corn on the cob, mixed vegetables, baked potatoes, and even sweet potatoes.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick Softened, but don’t melt the butter to make it easier to mix. Ensure that it has been at room temperature for at least an hour. Do NOT microwave it to achieve this, as it will mess with the consistency. To ensure that your butter is creamy and smooth, use high-quality butter. Unsalted is best; salted butter is acceptable to use. For a delicious combination of salty and sweet, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt or use salted butter.)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (You’ll want to use powdered sugar to ensure as smooth a spread as possible without making it grainy like sugar and provides fluff.)
- 1/4 cup honey (The star ingredient of our butter! It helps to thicken the spread. You can substitute equal parts maple syrup if you’d like.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (This will give your butter so much flavour. It adds a nice little spicy punch.)
StorageYou can store the honey butter in the refrigerator for a week. You can even freeze it by taking chilled honey butter, placing it in between some wax paper and wrapping plastic wrap around it.
The dough can also be made using a mixer. Just knead the dough with the dough hook for about 8-10 minutes on a low setting. When kneading by hand: about 10-12 minutes.
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.