Trout is such a wonderful fish and has a fabulous flavour, combine with a sauce made with tangy lemon juice, piquant capers, and butter. Sauteed almonds make a zesty topping, the perfect combination for the tender, flaky fish.
The trout is cooked to medium-rare, so it retains a lovely oiliness.
Serve the fish with lemon wedges, green salad or baby lettuce leaves and mashed potatoes.
The almond sauce and herbs from this recipe also go well with roast lamb or beef.
- 2 Trout fillets - in 6 pieces - about 450g/1Lb each fillet
- Lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp Garlic
- Hondashi - * optional to taste
- Salt - optional to taste
- Parsley - optional to taste
- Green onions - or chives - optional to taste
- Dill - optional to taste
- 1 cup Almond - sliced - 1 cup is about 110 g/3.9 oz
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F). Spread almonds on a baking sheet and roast, occasionally stirring, until golden (about 5-10 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat oven to 175C (350F).
- Rinse the fish and cut in in 6 pieces.
- Place trout on a baking sheet, add the lemon juice and seasonings.
- Roast trout until rare (about 15 minutes; flesh will be dark pink in the centre).
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan, add shallots (or onion) and garlic and fry until are golden. Add herbs, capers, and remove from heat.
- Scatter herb mixture over trout, season to taste, and top with roasted almond.
- Serve with a green salad and mashed potatoes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Read bread-making further information in my book:
Hungry for more? A new post and recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here, but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe, please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down, and you will find the comment form.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.