Ready to Get Cooking?
Welcome to Fast2eat! If you’re looking for easy-to-prepare, nutritious, delicious, and Fast-2-eat recipes, then you’re in the right place.
This delicious, slightly sweet homemade walnut bread will quickly become a family favourite. The walnut flavour really comes through in this nicely textured loaf.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I love seeing your take on my recipe!
Comment below with your experience, snap a pic, use #fast2eat and tag us on
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, following and sharing.
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Milk - Lukewarm – between 75°–90°F or 24°–32°C
- 2 Egg - slightly beaten)
- 2 cups Bread flour
- 3/4 cup Walnut - chopped
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Instant dry yeast
Instacart is available in the US only at the moment.
- Attach the kneading blade in the bread pan.
- Grease generously the Bread Maker pan with 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Place ingredients into the bread pan following the recipe order (or following the order and method specified in your Bread Maker manual – mine is: FIRST, liquid ingredients; SECOND, dry ingredients; LAST, yeast). Note: With a finger or a knife, make a small indentation in the middle of the flour. Add yeast to indentation, making sure it does not come into contact with the liquid ingredients. If using programming time, place the Walnuts after flour.
- Carefully insert bread pan into Bread Maker and gently close the lid.
- Plug the power cord into a wall outlet. Select the “Rapid/Quick” (about 1:20-1:45h - This cycle varies from machine to machine bread setting and press the Start button.With the “Quick setting,” “Crust Colour,” and “size” cannot be changed.
- Caution: Do not use Delay Timer* for recipes with ingredients that can spoil, like eggs or milk. More information at: "Using the Delay Timer".
- After 6 minutes of pre-mixing, use a Silicone Spatula to wipe the flour from the pan. DO NOT remove the pan. KEEP it locked in the machine while removing the flour from the sides.This bread does not form the dough ball, it looks like more of a cake batter.
- It will mix and bake the bread.
- When the baking cycle is complete, press the stop button and unplug the breadmaker.
- Open the lid while using Oven Mitt, firmly grasp the bread pan handle and gently pull the pan straight up and out of the machine. CAUTION: The Bread Maker and pan may be very hot! Always handle with care.
- Use non-stick Spatula to gently loosen the sides of the bread from the pan.
- Turn the bread pan upside down onto a Wire Cooling Rack or clean cooking surface and gently shake until bread falls out onto the rack.
- Cool for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- To make perfect slices every time, use a Bread Slicer and electric knife.
- If you prefer it well chopped and mixed, add at the beginning with all other ingredients. Remember that the kneading paddle can pulverize chopped nuts.
- Adding the nuts to the dough near the end of the kneading cycle (at the beep if your machine has this feature), the pieces will be lightly but efficiently distributed throughout the dough.
- Adding nuts too late in the cycle will result in a layer of nuts at the bottom of the loaf.
- Banana & nuts: Replace vegetable oil with ½ cup softened butter. Discard the milk and add 1 cup of crushed ripe banana. (about 2 bananas)
- Cherry and pecan: Reduce milk to ½ cup. Use chopped pecans for chopped walnuts; add ½ cup chopped maraschino cherry (well-drained)
- Dates: Reduce milk to ½ cup and soak 1 cup of chopped dates in 1/3 cup of hot water for at least 5 minutes to soften before adding to bread. Make sure they are soft.
How can you tell if the bread is fully baked? I like to use a food thermometer. Mine is digital, so it’s straightforward to use. Fully cooked bread will be 190-200°F/88-93°C. Bread recipes that include milk will need to cook until 200°F/93°C, but without you can take it out once it reaches 190°F/88°C. The top will be golden brown.
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Baking Awesome Bread Using a Bread Maker
- Fast2eat Foolproof (Bread maker) Bread Recipes
* (“Long-term dietary intake of gluten was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease. However, the avoidance of gluten may result in reduced consumption of beneficial whole grains, which may affect cardiovascular risk. The promotion of gluten-free diets among people without celiac disease should not be encouraged.” Source: http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j1892)
Equipments - Click to Buy Now
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases made by using these links don’t cost any extra and provides Fast2eat with a few pennies to keep the lights on.”
How do you get a quick and nutritious meal on the table at the end of a busy day?
I love creating fast and healthy meals that can make a huge difference.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.Share on Facebook
Check out what I’ve been busy cooking!
Want More? Check Out My Cookbooks!
Did you know you could make more than bread in the bread machine? My cookbooks will walk you through how you can make pizza dough, pasta, cake, and of course, bread in a bread machine. With over 130 recipes, there is something for everyone!
Don’t have a bread machine? No problem! The book contains a guide to convert all bread machine recipes to manual recipes. The guide also allows you to convert manual recipes you may already have to bread machine recipes.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Hungry for more? Follow us on Social Media!
We post new recipes every Friday! Stay up to date by following us on
All Your Favourite Recipes in One Place!
Become a member of Fast2eat and get these benefits:
- Save, upload, and track all of your favourite recipes.
- Plan your meal for the week with the Fast2eat Meal Calendar.
- Create a full course menu for special events.
- Personalize and create as many recipe collections as you want.
- Generate shopping lists.
Got a question or feedback? Please comment below! That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and will benefit from your feedback.
Get in Touch!
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.