This tangy spread is really easy and fast to make. It only takes five minutes and can be made ahead of time, which makes it perfect for parties.
It’s a great for an appetizer spread, because it’s nice and offers a light and refreshing taste any time of the year.
Use it to make a perfect simple to prepare finger food for a party with Smoked Salmon with Cucumber. This appetizer is low carb, easy to make, healthy and elegant.
It’s a perfect topping for crackers, tortilla chips, pita chips, bread… whatever you love to use for dipping!
You can also serve with cut up celery, mini carrot and bell peppers, or on a lettuce wrap for a low carb option.
Hollow out tomatoes and serve it inside for an easy brunch recipe that looks like you spent forever making it!
The formula is very basic; it’s a versatile spread that lends itself to all kinds of variations and additions (see notes).
- 1 package Cream cheese - 250g/8oz - softened slightly at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Horseradish - or Wasabi paste - more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp Cream - Heavy or Whipping cream or evaporated milk or milk - optional
- 3 tbsp Dill - fresh chopped- more or less to taste
- Place softened (out of the refrigerator for about 2 hour) cream cheese, dill and horseradish (or wasabi past) in a large bowl. Beat until well combined (a mixer really helps here). If the mixture is too stiff, add Cream (or Heavy or Whipping cream or evaporated milk or milk).
- You can leave the wasabi/horseradish and/or dill out of the cream cheese if you want a more subtle bite.
- I think a little dash of lemon zest and/or finely chopped red onion, and/or chives would be lovely, too.
- You can also whip some cream cheese with black pepper, onion flakes, garlic flakes, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Or use sour cream or Greek yogourt instead of cream cheese.
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Check out Amazon deals and special discounts for Fast2eat readers.
Hungry for more? A new post and/or recipe every Friday!
Once you make my recipes, I would love to see your creations, so please let me know! Leave a comment below, take a photo and tag it on your preferred Social Media with hashtag #Fast2eat.
All text and photographs on Fast2eat are copyright protected. You are welcome to share my recipes and photos through social media as long as you prominently link back to the original post. You do not need to ask my permission to link to content published here but you DO need my permission to publish my recipes and photos. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you’d like to post this recipe on your site, please link back to this post. And remember, when you adapt my recipe please acknowledge the source with “adapted from…” designating the source with the link of my recipe.
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Got a question and/or feedback? Please leave a public comment here. That way, other readers will be able to see the answers to your question and/or will benefit from your feedback. Scroll down and you will find the comment form. Comments are checked on a near-daily basis Monday through Friday and answered as soon as possible. Please don’t email me with recipe questions or feedback. I can’t keep up with them! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments.
Get in Touch! Please contact me here or comment below!